Jefferson City School District Reviews

I love it my teachers are amazing and love it here. They just made a new school and it has pretty much everything.
Jefferson City School District is amazing. Although there are hundreds and thousands of students there the longer you are there the more people and connections that you are able to make. I was only there for a couple short years and I felt like I knew a majority of the people there.
it is a great community and you meet a lot of nice people. The teachers are all super nice and helpful and you can really tell they care about the students who give them the time of day. The only thing I would change about it and I know all students say this but the lunches are not very good. it just feels that with all the money they put into the schools they could at least get decent lunches. I feel it is definitely a good community and the people in it really want the best for their kids and the other people in the community.
Start Your Review of Jefferson City School District
I liked how they keep the traditions strong. You can come in from years passing and it still feels like home.
My experience overall was not terrible, but they have changed the schedule too many times and I've had to with construction and long class routes for 3 years.
Guided by tradition and looking towards the future, Jefferson City School District is an excellent school district with great staff and administration that care about students and want everyone to succeed.
Jefferson City High school is a great school and provides ample opportunities to learn more than required, the teachers go above and beyond and make your learning experience fun while getting information across. It truly has been some of the best years of my life being a student here and I will forget what I have learned and the people I have met
Fortunately I followed most of the rules and was very successful whenever I graduated. With saying that I wish they had better options for students that did not grow up in the best environments and I wished the teachers were empathetic for the students. For me the school system worked with how I understood things, but that did not work for others. I wish there were more learning options for students to have a better understanding of material and so more students can be successful.
It's fine. Nothing great about it. The district has some great teachers, but also some terrible ones. The school board makes changes without even listening to students who will be affected. The experience has been simply okay.
The atmosphere was welcoming and the programs are incredible with how involve everyone is when they are with people who share the same ideas. I do think the school has advantages and disadvantages.
It is a nice school with good teachers. However, the school is undergoing construction, and there are multiple problems concerning the school in that sense. For example, there was a three-month period where the bathrooms had no soap, which is an extremely dangerous health risk for passage of E. coli and influenza.
Currently my school is under construction, if the school was completed then I would give it 5 stars. The teachers in JCSD genuinely have a life long impact on their students. Not only do they have fantastic ways of teaching students the mandatory curriculum, but also life lesson that contributes to the students greatly in preparing for the future. JCSD also has an amazing PTA and provide phenomenal support for sports through their booster clubs.
I like that the school tries to get everyone active and everyone involved, although I disagree with some of the things that go on. This includes the way the teachers handle the students, and the way things are organized.
While this school has tried many times to be innovative and to come up with new ways to teach its students, my experiences with it have been underwhelming. Many times during my high school career the administration has proposed new ideas, tested them on my grade, then immediately dropped them, which is one major reason I believe I didn't enjoy high school very much.
I like the hardworking teachers in my district, they are almost always available for the one on one help I need. I like the curriculum and how it is challenging yet attainable. however, I do not like the how some staff handle situations on bulling and other social issues. I feel they should really take care of these issues instead of saying that they do an they don't.
The administration is extremely bias towards the student body targeting specific students. If you aren’t in AP classes or stuco, teachers don’t care much about you.
I first enrolled at Jefferson City High School at the start of my sophomore year and I had no idea what to expect from this new environment; however, after finishing my second year, I am truly proud to call myself a Jay Bird. The students and staff here overflow with Jay Pride at pep rallies, school dances, and sports events. The teachers at JCHS really took my interest in academics and ran with it, and most notably, my love and passion for speech and debate that eventually ranked me 5th at the 2018 national tournament would not be where it is without the supportive team I joined here.
Start Your Review of Jefferson City School District
There are some teachers who are very caring but there are others who could care less and never want to help the struggling students. The high school is under going construction to redo the building so hopefully things will get better.
The school is mostly average. It has some really great teachers but overall most of them are average to awful. The culture of the school seems to be biased towards the athletes and against minorities. I would not feel safe expressing my opinions, and debate is discouraged by almost all teachers. The buildings are falling apart at the middle school and high school level, however that should be remedied soon. The classes offered at the high school are mediocre at best and biased towards the agriculture academies. Funds to the debate team are far too low and the importance is completely over looked. They make an effort to show they care by making empty promises and idiotic sounding statements, it seems as if they think the students are idiots.
Could have more nutritious salads and food selection for lunch and tax dollars should provide lunch for all for free . Love my teachers and the facilities are old but completely usable and comfortable Need to be a self motivated person