Jacksonville Independent School District Reviews

I like that JISD always wants to help us get good grades and prepare us for college as much as possible. It is very helpful for seniors and juniors planning to go to college. I don’t think anything should change.
I have a lot of fun stuff here like band and choir NHS etc I've been going here since freshman year and this is my home now
Jacksonville, like any other district, has their own way of running things. With that being said, that wasn't a very efficient way to decide how things were to be done. The district needs to consider the voices of those who are getting their education from them instead of relying on their own impulse and opinions.
Start Your Review of Jacksonville Independent School District
The facilities at he high school are either dirt terrible or brand new. It'd be nice to see an overall good appearance on our campus. Our college readiness is crap; the counselors discourage students to take AP classes.
While I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the JISD schools I attended, I had concerns about the work ethics of teachers and how a few didn't care for a student's education or their safety.
I like how most of the teachers are involved with their students and they care about their students while they are in high school and after they graduate.
Opportunities at this school are growing. I wish there had been more advanced classes with more chances for college credit when I went there. It would have been cool to have a swim team too.
Terrible school. Bad education, focused only on taking state test. School full of thugs and drug dealers.
The environment here in East Texas , Is terrible. We need more community action to take place. More FUN for Jacksonville Texas.
Jacksonville ISD is a great school district. The teachers are ready to teach and help you learn as quick as possible but they also take their time to prepare you the right way.
The best assets of JISD are school spirit, staff, and safety. I was not a fan of the strict polo-only dress code and no one pushed students to go out of their comfort zone. No one was expected to go to a high ranking school or pursue much after high school. I was the only person from my graduating class to attend the University of Texas.