Ithaca City School District Reviews

My experience at Ithaca High School was amazing because It made me prepared for college. All the teachers were understanding and willing to help me because I speak another language and some classes were hard but the support was always there. The change I would like to see would be diversity because I think experiencing other cultures is important for growth.
The community is very welcoming they take in strangers and newcomers with open arms. It s one big family when it comes to the Ithaca city school districts.
I've been at Ithaca my whole life. Its been overall a really hard district to get through. For many years me and my mom had to fight to get my permanent disability to be acknowledged and for me to get the right help. After years of lawyers and fights, I got supports I needed. Overall, after our fight, it was a great place to go to school in. I would like to see more educators of color, as of right now we only have 2 for a school of 1500 kids ( Ithaca High School )
Start Your Review of Ithaca City School District
I felt good about attending Ithaca City School District. There are a lot of opportunities and a variety of students. Teachers work hard to educate their students and students can pick their course levels.
Okay, so, ICSD has been my home for all thirteen years of my life. The high school is actually my favorite out of all, for me and my friends, its a second home. The community of Ithaca and all of the people in it generate such a diverse and amazing place to grow up. Everyone here is very accepting and supportive, it is very easy for students to thrive here. Because the high school is seated below the hill of Cornell we have a very academically rigorous curriculum. Students support each other here to do their very best in school, and some of the teachers are the best in their fields. Just this year my Psychology teacher left or his sabbatical to study for the Fullbright scholarship. All students succeed amazingly and go almost directly into college life feeling prepared and ahead of many other students in their field.
My time at Ithaca City School District could have been more enjoyable but it could also have been much worse. One thing I love about the district is the amount of opportunity they award their students. If possible I would have the district try and stimulate school spirit.
Overall very good. Some issues are lack of diversity of, especially in stem classes. Some issues with the infrastructure such the unfixed water pipes
Ithaca City School District offers excellent education for everyone that attends. Where I met some of the best friends I've had to this day. Throughout each grade level, from elementary to high school, teachers have always provided a hands-on approach to ensuring each student is successful in their academic endeavors. Although the on site involvement of teachers and administration is above average, there are some issues with the inner workings of the school district. The most prominent issue is the lack of recycling within the district. Though we do have separate binds for recycling and trash, at the end of the day it is all combined into one. As of now the Green Team club at the high school is working to decrease the impact of this issue. In the future, I hope the extreme importance of recycling is recognized and action is taken to save our environment, in changing our recycling policies.
At Ithaca High School there are several clubs, sports, musical programs, and other activities for students to get involved in. The high school experience is what students choose to make out of it, and here I have gotten the opportunity to grow and explore areas that I am interested in.
Ithaca was a very good environment to study in and there were a lot of resources to help you grow and learn. There are also many different activities and sports that anyone can get involved in, which makes a lot of students well rounded.
Very diverse students could use a lot more diversity in teachers. Good quality teachers. Food could be better. Great snacks.
I love the technology and engineering departments at the middle schools and at Ithaca Senior high school! I’ve had a lot of fun with the robotics team in the last 2 years (Code Red Robotics FRC team 639). I have had iffy experiences in the English department at the high school but I love the math and science courses that are offered. I had an amazing and very enthusiastic chemistry teacher this year which was fantastic!
IHS has an amazing technology department! With Cornell University less than a mile away the standards at Ithaca High School are high. The faculty provided an education that is able to meet those high standards.
I would like the lead water to be cleaned up so we can drink out of the water fountains again. However the sports program as well as the music program are second to none.
Ithaca City School District has been my school district for my whole educational time in school. It has been an amazing experience and the teachers are amazing people who really do want to see you succeed. I have learned so much and have benefited from everything my teachers have taught me whether it be how to solve for a variable to learning strategies to be nice and kind to others, I have definitely become a better person throughout education at ICSD. As a middle school student I am not sure how the high school runs, but from what I see I know that they offer an amazing course that will prepare anyone for college and I feel already being prepared. ICSD has also done a great job in the diversity of the schools and has minimized bullying to keep the schools safe. In conclusion, ICSD in my opinion is one of the best school districts in the area that is doing a great job educating kids like myself.
Ithaca City School District offers a bountiful course load for a public school, which I would not be able to access if I lived in any of the surrounding districts. However, teachers are not payed as much as they should be.
The teachers are very nice but the work isn’t hard. We work very hard at our school and are proud of it. There are a a lot of options for extracurricular sandwiches a lot of opportunities for us to expand our horizons. I would improve their resources if I could. Our school has had flooding twice one caused the espestice in the tiles to come out and we couldn’t go to half of the rooms in the school.
Start Your Review of Ithaca City School District
The town of Ithaca is great overall and the people that live there are so nice. I go to school at Ithaca College and absolutely love it. The food at the school could be better but that is not stopping me from going there. All the professors are great as well as their academics. The size of the school is perfect and has plenty amount of resources for all of the students to excel in what they want to do.
First of all, Ithaca is a really good place for athletes. Also, most of the students work hard for their own goal, so it is good to keep your self motivated.
No problems with the school district since I started living in Ithaca. I am currently in Ithaca College and have no problems there as well. I am a freshmen about to be a sophomore and have lived in Ithaca for a year.