Irvine Unified School District Reviews

First off, the district doesn’t have buses. Secondly my middle schooler school(South Lake) didn’t have lockers or a gym. She had to carry around her book bag everyday for seven hours. She would complain about her back constantly. My high schooler had lockers but was so small you only had room for two books.
The Irvine Unified School District has provided me with so many opportunities. In the future, I would like to see them implement more ideas/ awareness of the well being of the students, being in such a competitive atmosphere.
If you are very academically driven, this district is the one for you. As someone who has studied in other countries (some of those schools incorporating the IB system), I feel like the teachers and students here overemphasize the importance of "A"s to the point where the pressure and study habits can become unhealthy. Most of the class curriculums are very rigid and don't allow the necessary flexibility for different types of learners with different skills.
Start Your Review of Irvine Unified School District
The Irvine Unified school district is by far the best school district in the country. The faculty and staff work hard to prepare students for college and to be successful in life. The quality of education is very good, and parents whose children attend schools in Irvine would agree with me. Irvine students score higher on state exams and their graduation rate is one of the highest in the state of California. Also Irvine is one of the best places to live in, so it's a win win situation.
In the Irvine Unified School District you will find passionate teachers that truly want the kids to succeed. Specifically in elementary school, I remember having passionate teachers and great memories with friends and staff together out on the playground. I feel that my educational background from Irvine is very strong, especially my writing background. After peer-reading many papers at Irvine Valley College during my first year, I can say that there is a difference in quality from Irvine Unified papers to others, specifically from Northwood High School. For improvements I think that Irvine Unified is on the right track in the sense for offering unique classes for the students. I know at Northwood High there is a forensics class and a culinary class that allow students to explore different fields of study in High School.
Irvine Unified School District encourages students to try their hardest at everything and to always aim to succeed. At any school in the district, you will find a plethora of students who are extremely focused on succeeding in school. These students are definitely, without doubt, on the pathway to become the future leaders, scientists, and artists of the coming generations. On the other hand, the only flaw in the district is the lack of importance that is placed upon building good character among these students. Many students are being cornered by this idea that being the smartest in the room is more important and beneficial, than being the nicest or most understanding person in the room. Though I appreciate everything Irvine Unified School District has done for me, like everything else in life,IUSD still has its flaws.
Good class sizes, a lot of social groups. Sports programs very competitive at the state level. Living in Irvine was a great place to grow up and go to school.
The facility and schools are beautiful over here. However, as an alum, I believed that the academic competitiveness made my accomplishments feel small. Besides that everything is great.
I love IUSD, having been a part of it for 10 years now. I have experienced some of the best teachers ever, and offered an extremely rigorous, and competitive academic career. I have been a part of an extremely talented music program, and seen a solid sports program. But aside from the excellent academics, arts, and sports program offered here, there is one criticism I have for these collection of schools, which is the lunch program. The lunch program is neither healthy nor tasty, it is neither fast nor cost wise, instead it is an abomination.

But I do love IUSD.
I like the security of not feeling any danger during the school day and the high level of education the schools offer me.
This district offers clear and complete guidelines. The system is efficient and straightforward. Presents a diverse population of students and staff whose voices and opinions are heard and considered. IUSD understants parents, students, and the entire communities value of education and puts their best effort into serving the community with the importance of education in mind.
IUSD is not a very well-funded school district. However, the moment they do get funded, they decide to waste it on administering a PSAT 9 which has no use whatsoever as the only PSAT that actually matters is taken junior year with a much more rigorous question set.
Irvine Unified District is a great place for all students to learn. We always work to further the betterment the education of the students, and definitely emphasize parent involvement. It was taken part in many good movement to better the community as well. The separate schools in IUSD are will maintained and regulated with great care.
The only thing that I really enjoyed about Irvine Unified is that they greatly value an education but that is also where I greatly dislike them. There is too much of a focus on only academics. They could care less about the sports programs at least at my school. They would not care if we won or lost a sports game even if it was to our rivals. Also the teachers do not actually teach. They leave it up to the student to learn the material on there own or with the help of a tutor. In my honor pre-calculus class out of the 10 seniors in the class me and another girl are the only ones without tutors and we are both struggling. The school is very diverse and safe.d
I like how the schools have good campuses and great teachers. Most teachers here are very good at their job and the campuses are nice and clean.
I've been a student in this district since kindergarten, and the education and general experience the schools offer are incomparable.
Most of the AP courses are challenging and the teachers prepare the students well for the exams. These classes allow students to be prepared for the challenges of college.
Start Your Review of Irvine Unified School District
I am very happy with the Irvine school district. I have been challenged academically every year especially in high school. The teachers are great, the sports are awesome too.
The district school in general needs upgraded facilities and new technology - the school district has enough budget to make additional improvements.
One example is Rancho Middle School; it is in great need of an upgrade. I only attended Rancho during the summer program (IPSF).
Although there are attempts to make better, food selection continues to be a weak point. Overall, IUSD is the best district by far compared to any other districts in Orange and Los Angeles counties!
I have been living in Irvine for about 5 years, and my experience is a blast. The amount of resources that we are provided are immense, especially technology. The academics is amazing, but the system could improve by allows students pursue their passion to take certain classes without restricting them. One thing I would like that the school district be improved is to support more extracurricular activity. I am a FIRST alum of a FIRST Robotics Competition team where students come together and work on an intensive project to explore engineering by building a 120 ibs robot to complete certain tasks. My experience with FRC has been wonderful, as I have learned basic metal fabrication, electronics, motors, gears, and more. This ties back to IUSD in the sense that we got no funding from our school district, which annoys me because our team compete in the world championships, and our district didn't sponsor us and don't know about their student's accomplishment and interests.