Iroquois Central School District Reviews

very nice school, every student has their own laptop, very safe, good courses. very fun school spirit sports and good and very welcoming
Iroquois Central is a small school (~190 students/class). Comprised of mostly middle class families. There are no unique offerings at the school. Majority of Teachers are more concerned with salaries and vacations than with educating. Administration is concerned with special needs and advanced students. The ‘average’ students gets lost in the middle. Grades are artificially raised with bogus extra credit assignments and extra points for error correction. Better than most urban schools but could be so much better. Low value on the dollar spent.
I had a wonderful experience here. I loved that I knew everyone in the school and that the teachers were very helpful both inside and outside of class. I loved how each student was treated the same and no one was left out. It was encouraged to join clubs and support the community, which was another thing I enjoyed about this school.
Start Your Review of Iroquois Central School District
Iroquois High School has a very tight-knit community with lots of pride. The school activities are amazing and they have a diverse selection of them. For the most part all the teachers are very friendly and are willing to help you out. Technology is also rising in the district with new laptops for each student. Any changes I would make to the school include trying to group teachers in each department together so maybe teachers that are not as good as others can learn from those who are superior to create a better learning environment.
I WOULD LIKE SOME OF THE OLDER TEACHERS TO RETIRE WHEN THEY GET BURNT OUT AS A TEACHER. I DON'T WANT THEM TO WAIT AND WATCH THEIR PENSION GROW AND NOT HAVE A PASSION FOR TEACHING ANYMORE. IF YOU LOOSE THE PASSION TO TEACH AND JUST BECOME ROBOTIC AT YOUR JOB, THEN YOU NEED TO MAKE THE DECISION TO LEAVE AND LET ANOTHER PASSIONATE PERSON TAKE YOUR PLACE.
My first three years at Iroquois Central High School have been very eventful to say the least. The sporting events and many many MANY fun moments with my friends and amazing teachers have been so fun. However, our sporting facilities and resources are and have been lacking for a long time. One thing that I may not be prepared for in college is the diversity there will be because my school is very one-dimensional.
Iroquois always had a great community and very positive staff. It creates a great learning environment for students.
I liked the classes that i took, and that your junior and senior year there were a wide variety of classes to chose from. The majority of the teachers are very friendly, and always willing to help. I would like to see more classes at the school for trades and agriculture.
Iroquois High School had excellent, supportive, intelligent staff members which encouraged a relatively harmonious society. However, there is an extremely limited diversity at Iroquois and the students are quick to form clicks which clash and create unnecessary drama. Sometimes this can be suffocating to ones character but, if one can find the confidence, there is no reason to hold back.
I’ve been at Iroquois all my school years. It’s a great school with lots to offer . The school offers a lot of athletic choices from modified all the way through varsity. The teachers are great and the school counselors really help you along especially as a junior/senior and preparing for college.
I am not the typical student of Iroquois High School. I have a 4.0 average, play two varsity sports (one since middle school) and skipped my junior year. Partly, I'm graduating a year early due to eagerness to go to college. Yet, on the other hand I am tired of the Iroquois community. The education is average and you may get one or two teachers who truly go out of their way to inspire. However, that is not the problem here. The administration constantly removes themselves from the Iroquois community and it is known that our school is highly judgmental. Teenagers are taught to only care about grades and use them to rank themselves against their peers. My hopes for Iroquois are that with the new principal we may be able to better educate the students on how to develop as a person and not only on textbook material. Far too common these students are sheltered and do not have the social skills to survive in a work setting.
I would like to see more technology incorporated into the learning at Iroquois. The middle school has started the paperless learning with all students given laptops. This has worked well in the middle school and i think they should use it next year in the high school.
Iroquois School District is located in a small community and is comprised of students from the three surrounding towns. It offers small class sizes and a variety of athletic and extra-curricular activities. The teachers are attentive to the needs of the students; however, one caveat is the lack of information provided by the guidance counselors in the high school to help prepare students for college.
I believe that Iroquois Central was a fine school district for me. The overall atmosphere was nice. The teachers were hit or miss at times as far as caring and teaching styles. There was a heavy community bond unlike any other. The music and arts programs could have been much more supported throughout the school both funding and caring wise. The sports department never seemed to have this issue. I believe that I learned valuable things in most of my classes throughout my time at Iroquois.
A positive educational experience. I had the pleasure of working with some really great teachers who took the time to get to know me as more than just a student but on a more human level.
I've spent my whole academic experience at Iroquois Central School District starting in kindergarten and it is truly a great school. For the most part all the students get along and the faculty, such as teachers and administrators are very kind and amiable. At Iroquois I liked how many teachers care for their students and their success in school.
Overall, Iroquois Central School has a great staff, a welcoming environment, and various opportunities for growth as a student and for future planning.
Start Your Review of Iroquois Central School District
Very helpful and open-minded teachers that are always willing to help. Really wish that sport and music/arts would get the same amount of attention instead of sports getting a majority of the attention. Overall I felt prepared going into college, even though I felt that administration could have helped a bit more.
My exprience at Iroquois High School was and is very nice. The teachers make you feel comfortable, and help you to understand what you are learning inside of the classroom. I also like their dedication too the students outside of the classroom and after school. I think we should increase our club choices and our language department and offer more options.
I liked a lot of my teachers and classes. I would like to see a couple teachers go tho, they just don't teach well.