Iron County School District Reviews

The school has a great atmosphere, along with great teachers ans fellow classmates. Could use some updates to the building.
Canyon View High School is an overall average school. I never feel challenged enough in any of my classes. I don’t think that CVHS is reaching it’s full potential. However, they do have a wonderful culture and more school spirit then I have ever experienced before.
I like the teachers and how they interact with the students and really want them to succeed in life; however, I feel like some information is not given to the students when it comes to scholarships and college. An example of this is that I was not told which classes were approved for NCAA to play sports and which ones were not. This led to me taking an unneeded class my freshman year that didn't benefit me at all.
Start Your Review of Iron County School District
Canyon View High was a great school with really good programs. Many teachers are willing to help and show interest in the students but only upon the students initial interest. I participated in many things in high school and was proud of our teams and to be a falcon. I spent a lot of time there outside of school hours in service projects, after school activities, and student events. Teachers and faculty we're always willing to help us achieve our hopes and goals and I think we were able to get a away with tons of things (all for good causes) because the staff is so good natured. I'm almost sad to say I don't go there anymore.
I like that they are trying to be a trauma informed district and help students get through trauma so they can be successful in school and their lives.
The Iron County School District is very supportive of all its students. It is very encouraging to see all levels of education connect with one another rather than being completely separate and independent entities. For example, lots of high school and college students volunteer at their local elementary, middle, and high schools. All schools are so kind, welcoming, and willing to allow college students who are pursuing a degree in teaching to visit their schools and shadow for a day. The community within each school is amazing. I have never seen anything like it before.
Iron County School District is very helpful and supportive. They are supportive of their sports, and they also take care of things in a good manner. When we took state soccer, they made sure that we were recognized and taken care of. They had a special conference for us and told us how proud they were of us. The safety through the school district is amazing and you feel very safe.
It has its pros and cons but overall is a good school district. Teachers can be through the roof or a little on the slacker side, yet a very high majority are good teachers who are there to help and make sure the subject is understood with a substantial knowledge.
When I moved to Cedar City Utah I was behind in school because other high schools had less credits than here, they helped me get on track to be able to receive their diplomas. I am very grateful for them and everything that they have done to help me.
The teachers her are always willing to help and do what ever they can. They will do what they can to help you reach there goal.
My math teacher got fired the year after i hadn't her so i didn't need learn much that year. But Canyon view had a lot of activities always going on to entertain us.
There have been some teachers that have invested time and energy into my education. However there have been others that haven't been helpful. My band experience has been wonderful and unforgettable. I will always appreciate the music that was made alive in me because of my teacher.
My experience is still very good and fun. I like how we had a snow day and i'd more of a christmas break 7 days is barely anything.
I am attending Cedar High School. High school is an amazing experience. As a Freshman, I wasn't the most involved, but now as a Senior I am more involved than ever. I love being part of this school. I have so much pride in calling myself one of the Redmen of Cedar High.
I think it is a good district. Don't really have much to say cause I never really paid attention to the district that much, but overall I had a pretty good experience my whole time as a student in the district's schools.
It was nice, little bullying and hot desert. The teachers are nice, as long as you are respectful. Small town with good food, pretty good student body. An all around pretty good place.
I loved being apart of the athletics at this school, it was a great experience. I had amazing math teachers which made it even better, but favorite thing would have to be Cedar High Pep Band. They are AMAZING! They brought so much energy and school spirit into that place and could make anyone's day with their musical abilities.
Start Your Review of Iron County School District
We need better lunches and teachers who care more about our education. We have a lot of clubs and sports and most of the kids are really nice and inspiring. Sonetimes you get a teacher who doesn't care and you also have the ones who will do anything to see you succeed and won't let you fall behind. We learn a lot and if you put in the effort it isn't hard to keep good grades.
I moved here from a very small town in the Midwest and the experience at my school has been great the teachers are wonderful, and I love that their is so much more to do at school at extra curricular activities we have so many sports and clubs to choose from, and I have meet so many new people and the experience has been amazing. The school is always clean thanks to our amazing custodial staff. oh lets not forget the school lunch the cooks are amazing and the food is great. Not to mention we have a really great theater team.
I moved to this district, so I have somewhat of an outsider's view. If I could say one thing about this district, it would be "supportive". Iron county invites all of the students to sporting events, applying for college, and doing their best. In the past years, we have had some of the best records in Utah for competing state for sports. Every week we have a college and career readiness class. Every day we have tutoring after school. There's a whole club for stopping bullying. And not to mention a great administration and faculty that will willingly help you achieve goals. Not to mention our University offers great classes and works with the charter school " Success Academy" that ensures graduating with an associates from high school. We, as students, are a family here. Even those who are here from different countries feel involved. Very impressive.