Independence Community School District Reviews

Teaching is pretty good, very nice school, amazing turf field, big nice gym, stupendous auditorium, easy layout for students having junior high on one side and high school on the other side with the gymnasium being in the middle. Amazing and clean weight room
I liked the block scheduling. It allowed me 90 minutes of intense learning vs multiple 45 minute classes. It promoted a positive learning environment.
I liked how Independence was a small, tight-knit community and I grew up knowing most everyone in the district. A major downside of Independence was the academic curriculum. Once in high school, I, along with my peers, noted a significant downfall to the science department. Now in college and looking back on my preparatory education, I am strongly dissatisfied with my high school coursework.
Start Your Review of Independence Community School District
I am currently a senior at Independence Community High School and feel fortunate to have spent my high school career there. I have had the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities/sports/clubs and organizations and have always been surrounded by positive teachers and staff. The administration makes all students and their education their first priority, and I have always felt safe at school.
The Independence Community School District has a wonderful facility and many excellent programs such as band and wrestling. However, academic success and the well being of all students is something all the staff members at this school district needs to work on. I would suggest staff members actively engage with students in their work and make an effort to connect with all students, not just select students. With all this being said, I have been able to stretch my musical abilities farther than I could have ever imagined.
The building is relatively new. Both highschool and middle School are combined, but are in separate sections f the school. The school also only has one floor.
I like the closeness of the community but I would love to see less favoritism and more discipline for kids no matter how well they do in sports.
I think this school needs to have a better education and need to bring back college 101. The teachers are okay but need to learn more about students and how they can be affected by bullying.
As going to this school, only since 6th grade. I loved it. The school is great with bullying. We were able to remodel and get a brand new school and move in by my freshman year. During my 7th grade year I had to go through testing and my teachers were super lenient and gave me time to make up my weeks worth of late work. The only thing I would change about this school is the lockers, they are so close together we all get smashed.
Independence Community School District has allowed me to grow into the person that I am today. I have been put in leadership roles and taught how to get done what needs to be done. That has really helped me to find what I am good at. I have been able to do this because my teachers really care about me.