Humboldt Community School District Reviews

Though in a small town, this school offers so many opportunities that I am so grateful I had. Some AP courses are offered, and many college courses online, in school, and at the local community college. I am very grateful for the band program that consists of marching band, concert band, pep band, pit orchestra, and jazz band. This is growing rarity in small towns. Many of the teachers have Master's degrees. You cannot be promised super thorough teachers in every subject, but I did find some that I am so thankful for. I could make personal connections, and still keep in contact with them.

The math program is especially strong.
Excellent academics. Small enough for students, teachers, and parents to know each other well, yet big enough to offer a wide range of extracurricular and advanced academics. My kids wish food service was better & less wasteful, but I think regulations have to change for that to happen.
High School Principal is the best. She really cares about the students. She takes care of issues confidentially and quickly and is very good at coming up with a solution that works for everyone. She puts in very long hours. She has handled scheduling issues for us more than once after guidance counselor dropped the ball. Principal gets it done!
Start Your Review of Humboldt Community School District
I have been attending the Humboldt Community School District my entire academic life. Most of the teachers are great, and for a small town they offer multiple academic opportunities that a very useful in life. Sadly, in the school district commonly favors some students due to their last names or family connections. The school spirit, especially in the high school, is barely seen or felt any time throughout the year. This could easily be changed for the better in the future.