Huffman Independent School District Reviews

I have been in the Huffman Independent School District since I was in kindergarten. I recently graduated from Hargrave High School (class of 2020). Except for the last 3 months of school (Coronavirus) I enjoyed school and have had many terrific teachers. The only thing that I wish that there was more advise and guidance about attending college and financial aid.
The Huffman independent school district has a good education system with very good and reliable staff. I trully wouldn't change much.
Everything about this school district is Great except for the Middle schools Ability to control Bullying' of Handicapped children. Also Notifying A Parent of A Concern or problem there child is involved in. As well as Student safety. If I could Home school my children for grades 6-8 at this point' I would. I contacted and wrote the Administration office A 5 page letter' with detailed information of my daughter being bullied and harrassed and I Recieved 1 call from there office which I missed because we were in a Dr's appointment. I did not receive any further contact from them but my daughter has now gone home bound do to her medical condition.
Start Your Review of Huffman Independent School District
The majority of teachers are very good at working with you and staying after hours to get you the help you need. The school offers a good variety of courses to take in order to prepare you for life after high school. However, a few of these courses do not prepare you in the subject it is for. Instead, it is a blow-off class where one does busy work or nothing at all and doesn't truly learn the skills that the class is expected to teach. The athletic and arts programs are very good and offer a variety of opportunities for students.
Soccer Coach is outstanding and truly cares about us! He goes out of his way to help us and he will make sure we are our best versions of ourselves. Huffman is a small community full of teachers with big hearts. I am excited to go out into the world but I will miss the love and devotion I received in Huffman.
Huffman ISD is an exceptional school district. The area is not too big town yet competes both academically and athletically with larger school districts. The staff members are passionate about their subject areas and pass that to the students. The students are a close knit family from K-12.
I loved everything about this school! The teachers are excellent and loved their jobs! The lunches were delicious everyday and even the cafeteria ladies were nice and friendly. The academics was a one of a kind experience we learned so much. The teachers really interacted with us to make sure we learned valuable life lessons as well as learning our book work. I definitely would recommend this as a great choice in public education to any parent!
I have three children attending in this district and I wouldn't want them anywhere else. Great athletics programs, college readiness, great facilities, decent teachers.
This was a great school district that really got me ready to do good in college classes. I would like to see more praise for the fine arts programs.