Howland Local School District Reviews

I think that the teachers at Howland Schools are very good; however, some of the opportunities I have had have been limited due to the fact that our school does not normally pass a levy. The arts programs are very strong though. The band is very good and so is the drama club. Extracurricular activities in general here are very good, though.
Good staff, techachers, involvement. Giving you challenges out of your comfort zone. Always helping, connecting through students and family. Very nice school inside and out. They prepare you for real life success. Always setting goals and new opportunities through every step.
Kids are well prepared leaving high school or college trades or the military athletic Facilities are far behind the times And need upgraded great teachers great student body
Start Your Review of Howland Local School District
I love the closeness to the community. Everyone is involved and it feels like family. Families all support the school and activities. It is nice to see so many people come out to see us perform and play. The teachers care about each student and their success as well. If I need any help they are always there for me.
I was able to get out of it what I put into it. My family was a great support that allowed me to take advantage of many leadership opportunities. This included leadership in school, sports, clubs and organizations, academics, and community volunteering.
The teachers are very nice.They are nice to my childrens and they give presents to kids every hoilday. The safety is awesome!The schools have bullots sticks that they proctet the kids.
Has slipped in all categories over the past decade & trending downward, especially compared to similar schools in area. Some are quick to blame it on changing demographics & economy but most are in the same predicament. It's about community, township admin, & school admin, & how they approach the challenges. No one wants to step forward & make Howland the great school it was - all we are told is what great strides they are making. They are making strides, but at this point its just to keep up with the back of the pack. Anyone moving into this area no longer seeks out Howland. They buy homes in Lakeview, Maplewood, Canfield, Poland, even Champion, before coming to Howland. The admin better step up & lead, the BOE better step up & demand more of the community & the students, township admin better step up, embrace & recognize the schools are the centerpiece of the township, & the community better step & support the schools for their kids, & for the sake of saving their community.
I enjoyed all of the teachers I had throughout my years at Howland Local Schools. I felt that all of them wanted me to succeed and gave me the tools to do so. I also had a terrific time in the band and running on the cross country and track teams.