Howard-Suamico School District Reviews

At Bay Port, I have a lot of opportunities to work with the special needs students during school and during summer school. I want to get a degree where I can work with special needs students.
This school district forgets these children are kids, not robots. They tell you that if your child is sick, or has a fever the must remain fever free for 48 hours before returning.
Example....
My son woke up with a very sore throat and slight fever. I gave home some medication and brought him to school and told him if he did not feel well to go to the school nurse and he could come home. HE WENT TO THE OFFICE SICK AND WANTED TO COME HOME 5 TIMES, AND THEY REFUSED TO LET HIM CALL ME AND COME HOME. This made me sick, this is my child, the most important thing in the world to me. I went to this school district when I was a kid I graduated in 2000. Back then teachers treated us like students NOT ROBOTS!!!!
My son will be removed from the Howard suamico district. And will not be returning next year. I hope this detours sone of uouvfrom sending you children here.
It's a good district with good classes that will teach a lot and teach well. So much standardized tests however. Not much diversity, sadly. Any and all clubs and extracurriculars you could imagine. Fantastic Orchestra program!
Start Your Review of Howard-Suamico School District
I liked how the teachers respected you and the education was great. The school was also very safe, and we got mac books increases our learning experience.
Very good teachers and strong academics. They offer both AP courses as well as IB and have a diverse curriculum. The majority are college bound and the school has a culture of college readiness.
I was a part of the school district for 8 years and all though out the only issues I faced were athletics prioritized over academics.
There are a lot of great opportunities here if you are willing to work hard and look out for them. This district has some very caring staff as well. On the other hand, favoritism and judgement is a very big issue, especially in the extracurricular programs.
The Howard- Suamico School District is a family friendly atmosphere with constant growth in the area. This district is very technology centered, with grades 9-12 receiving Macbook Airs as a part to their enrollment. As well as grades all the way from elementary school also receive a i-pads all the way to grade eight until high school. The faculties all throughout this welcoming district are all fairly new and always kept well maintained as well as updated. Overall this district strives in being innovative and keeping the students and teachers up to the newest technologies and programs so it is best for the students learning.
The district works to hire only the best of teachers, ones who are willing to work with their students through life and through teaching to ultimately make them more and more knowledgable. Students have many opportunities throughout their schooling careers to become involved in their community, sports, and the arts.
The best things about the Howard-Suamico School District was emphasis that was put upon college/career readiness, extra-curricular activities, and the resources that the district provided for students. The staff in the district, specifically in the high school, were very focused on preparing each, and every, student for whatever future they were choosing (whether it be post-secondary education or to enter the workforce); for example, the high school administrators were always looking to connect students with colleges that they were interested in and/or with companies in the area that were interested in the students. Alongside this, among the most successful students in this school district were those that were involved in activities outside of the classroom, such as sports, volunteer organizations, etc.
I enjoyed my time in the school district and if you're into sports i highly recommend. Its mainly a white school in a higher class area. The food is definitely the worst part about the schools they just keep getting worse over the years.
The Howard-Suamico School District has played an important role in shaping me into the person I am today. The teachers in this district are absolutely amazing and will go out of their way to ensure that their students are successful. Through the Digital Transformation, students have been given access to the digital world through MacBooks and iPads. These devices allow for more personalized learning to occur both in and out of the classroom. There is no other place I would have wanted to get my education for the last 12 years!