Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) Public Schools Reviews

Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted is the typical rural high school in Minnesota. The small student body makes it easy to develop relationships and connections that last beyond high school. I wouldn't say I looked forward to going to school every day but when compared to other schools this one ranks higher because of the fact that most teachers are very laid back and easy to connect with. The FFA program is bomb and always killing it.
My experience at HLWW has been a very good one. Since we have such a small student body, it's easy to learn everyone's names and what kind of person they are. That's one thing I love about going to school here. A lot of schools have over 300 students in one grade, and they don't know who half of them are. But, at HLWW, we have a little over 300 in our whole high school. I like how I can walk down the halls and know who every person is. In academics, HLWW has some of the most caring teachers you've ever seen. They really want their students to succeed and have a future. In sports, we have coaches that never give up. They don't let a record from the year before stop them from trying to be the best. Our players are also very resilient, they work hard and never give up. Overall, HLWW is a very safe, kind, and fun place to go to school.
I enjoyed my time at HLWW. Although it is a small school, there are quite a few options for advancement in courses, as well as many extra-curricular activities.
Start Your Review of Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) Public Schools
Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted High School is a brilliant school for many reasons. It contains a small, close-knit community where everyone knows and cares for each other, including the teachers. I love how involved the teachers are willing to get in order to help students succeed in life. I have never felt unwelcome in this school and it is the best feeling in the world to feel safe in a learning environment. With safe learning environment, caring peers, and a general uplifting atmosphere, this school is one that anyone could go to in order to thrive in life. Being a student of Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted High School since the fifth grade, I feel like home each time I walk through the doors in the morning and I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.
Anarchy at its finest,submissive alpha teachers that favor one kid and sabotage the next. Don't attempt to reign in trouble students Just label you and judge you and try to get you out of there. Laziness that spread throughout the building a lot of reading and movies when some need hands on learning.extremely dramatic rules and consequences with salty and stubborn aggrogance.No feeling of space or freedom to trust students makes many kids feel the need to rebel.Very harsh community that and gain up and destroy anything in there path. Sports are a joke big headed coaches that have there own imagines of who they want and where they want to put them, to small of a district to even get noticed.keep a close eye on your child in this school.