Howard County Public Schools Reviews

The school district is very diversified. There is no racism or looking down upon anyone. Also it is more collaborative then competitive in nature. Everyone helps everyone to get to be the best and not at the cots of someone. Teachers are very helpful and patient. It has a good family friendly environment with no crime rate in the county. It is a good learning environment with like minded people where education comes first in life.
Howard County is a rigorous area for academics, and it pushed me to become a better student. I learned great studying techniques, had great teachers and an overall good experience. It was difficult at some points because the county is very competitive, so they often pushed students to take APs and hard classes.
What I love about Howard County Public Schools is that there is so much diversity. Also they have great staff members who also can become your friend.
Start Your Review of Howard County Public Schools
Howard County is a great school system. It allows students to flourish under their watch. Each student has the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Howard County is a county that has a good balance of schools who are interested in the diversity and equality of the system in order to provide the best learnign environment for your child
Howard county is the best county in Maryland as ranks show. It really is true, with Howard county's numerous opportunities, students are able to find their career path easily. The teachers are also very involved with the students, helping them both academically and personally if any emotional help was needed. However, Howard county is also really strict about the health food, many kids do not eat lunch (at least in the high school I go to) because the food is not up to their taste. That is my only complaint.
I like that Howard County Public Schools have given me the opportunity to explore so many different interests and help me prepare for the world after high school.
I received a great Education with teachers who cared. The teachers prepared me for my first year of college. They challenged me to be the best I could be both in the classroom and when I played sports.
Very good school system! Our basketball team was really good along with the track and volleyball teams. I believe the teachers prepared us well for college, however in the future I would like there to be a course in which they teach financial education to students.
In general, great school system. Strong education. Teachers vary in their abilities to handle students with different learning styles. Schools definitely geared to the highest achievers. Strong pressure to excel.
The Howard County Public School System is well funded and well run. The teachers and administrative staff are very committed to putting every student on the appropriate learning path based on their long term career goals. Overall a good system that produces excellent results.
It's been very good overall and I feel like I am always encouraged to do my best and that I can turn to anyone for help.
I love how teachers are able to keep a connection with students through their tenure with Howard County Public School System.
My experience in HCPSS was extremely positive. The faculty and curriculum was rigorous and truly prepared me for college.
I've received a great education in Howard County and I truly feel ready to take on the difficulty of college courses
Im an alumini and I used to work as a Long term substitute in the Howard County School system. I graduated back in 2012. It was a good experience with my education was always first. The teachers always made sure I've gotten the best education possible in order to help myself succeed in the four years it took to get my high school diploma. Great leadership in school system. HR department very responsive and helpful. Some assistant principals cant handle children( middle school)
Howard County Public schools is a well-diversified school system in which you find all types of students coming from different backgrounds. Everyone attending is determined to learn and apply their knowledge to every day life.
Start Your Review of Howard County Public Schools
I liked how howard county provided students with opportunities to succeed. However they did not really focus any resources on helping the new students who recently moved to howard county. Most of these students are not familiar with the rigor in the classroom and the expectations from the schools. While most students might have parents who can help them with homework or have enough money to get a tutor, not such can be said for other students. Some students have parents working two jobs to be able to cope with living in this costly county. Therefore it will be really good if more could be done to help such students who might need help. Also personally I think, some teachers are really rude. I think a lot of them are actually and they have low expectations for certain kind of students.
My experience with Howard County Public Schools has okay okay but not the best. Some schools are better than others and they are always redistricting the schools so that students often have to change schools even if they don't want to which is very inconvenient.
As a student who has been attending schools here in Howard County for the past two years, I must say that it has been one of the best school experiences thus far. Though the system pushes us to be in a more competitive environment, it also pushes us to help us achieve more and be the best students we can be. The teachers are people we can easily go to and ask for help if we have any questions and the different activities my high school offers to the students are limitless, with there being at least one thing suitable for everyone! To be honest, there is no other school district I would rather live in.