Howard County Public Schools Reviews

Howard County public schools are very diverse, interactive, and have many different clubs and activities for the students. This includes educational programs, which in itself is very intensive. However, many of the Howard County Public school experience sanitary and safety problems. With fights, fire, leaking sewage systems, as well as supposed water contamination or gas leaks. MAny of these cases turned out not to be true but it still raised some concerns.
As a student that transferred from Prince George's County I can say that HCPS truly prepared me for the workforce in manners and areas of study. Every teacher is prepared to not only teach heads but to teach the soul and the body so that we don't become robots full of knowledge but humans full of compassion.
Great college readiness programs and parent involvement. Not as diverse as the county is very expensive and only the upper middle class and above can afford to live in this county and attend these schools.
Start Your Review of Howard County Public Schools
I have been in this system all of my life, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but other than the districting issues and bogus weather cancellations, my experience has been positive.
Excellent knowledgeable teachers know in and out of their students. They correct after observing correctly.
This school system has really helped and prepare me for my future! The teachers are all supportive and the students are all on a mission to succeed. This school system is known as one of the best in the country and it is very visible why. Everyone gets along and all the teachers help their students pursue a great future and education.
Howard County Public Schools offer amazing opportunities at all levels. The teachers are very committed to excellence and care deeply about their students.
The Howard County school system has been a decent experience overall. I’ve been to two of the high schools in Howard County and I had some good experiences at both of them. Most of the teachers that I’ve had always tried to help me such as staying after school and working with me until I understand the material. Furthermore, the school environment overall is very friendly and welcoming.
I would like to see that Howard County Public Schools diversify their schools significantly. There is currently a stigma of what types of people go to specific high schools, instead of each school having a mixed group of students.
I love how diverse Howard County is. There is such a mix of people from all different cultures and heritages- it's wonderful. There is also diversity in the different activities and opportunities presented to us in the way of clubs, extracurricular activities, etc.
Howard County Public Schools is a school system that takes the lives of their students very seriously and caters to each and every student's needs. There is an accommodation for every type of student and the right classes for each pace of learning. I love it here.
During my years in the HCPS system, I feel that I have had a quite full experience leaving me with wonderful memories and great life-long friends. I really enjoyed having teachers and coaches who genuinely cared about my educational, physical, and mental growth by constantly challenging me in preparation for the real world.
I have enjoyed the schools in HCPSS, very open to diversity and many educational opportunities and clubs to join and be involved in while being there. Most teachers care about the future of their students and care about their educational status and want to help them expand their minds and get them through school and want to see them succeed.
I have lived in Howard County for about all my life well as I can remember when I got to school I really liked it because there was a lot of support and a lot of programs to help new students well incoming students. They had helped me a lot with the after-school program for math. But I would like to see the change in Howard County would be the college readiness they do not prepare us well they don't help us see the reality of what college is or how even to apply to college or scholarships, grants and other.
Howard County Public School is a very competitive environment. This could be a good thing and a negative thing because it’s good to be in a competitive environment so you will be able to stay on track to do your best. However, it could be very stressful and hard to make you stand out as a student since everyone will try to participate in everything and you have to compete for every position.
Going to a Howard county school is actually a privilege. Reflecting back on it I realize how lucky I am to go to a school in a county that is nationally recognized as one of the best counties in the nation. I go to long reach high school which is one of the schools in the county, and though going there may seem like a pain and you feel like you hate everyone or you just hate school, it’s a good school with teachers and administrators that care. You may not feel like they care, and the decisions they make may oppose your decisions, but they are there to help you.
Howard County Schools are the best! You'll get a private school education without the cost. Part of your education comes from being around the diversity that Howard County is known for.
Start Your Review of Howard County Public Schools
I have been in the Howard county school system for all years of school. I love how diverse Howard county is, especially my school. The teachers really care about students and do everything in their ability to make sure everyone is ready for the next level of education whether that be preparing for middle school, high school, or college. I am very thankful that I was able to be educated in such an amazing district.
Howard county public schools is well known for being on of the best school systems in Maryland. All schools provide an opportunity for students to achieve success in their own ways. I feel that this system demonstrates great diversity within its different areas. Overall this school system provides a wonderful education for its students.
They really challenge you in Howard county. The teachers, resources etc. truly do prepare you for college. They care about you and want you to succeed. You are able to reach your academic and athletic potential while in this school system.