Holliston Public Schools Reviews

It was constantly challenged to do my best and work hard to learn. There were a couple teachers here who made a deep impact on my life.
Overall very good experience, great education, lots of resources. A very sport-oriented school and could improve on college readiness. Promotes independence.
Not a lot of diversity because the town itself is not very diverse. Generally students perform well, and they have a good curriculum set in place with tracks for Honors students. AP course offerings are somewhat limited with more emphasis on science and math. Some classrooms are updated with technology while others are a bit outdated.
Start Your Review of Holliston Public Schools
Holliston High is a great place to grow up and learn. I've had some amazing teachers and some not so amazing teachers. It is clear what teachers don't care about what their teaching or the students they teach but it is even more clear what teachers DO care .. and there are alot. The schools small size creates a a great, nurturing and individualizing environment. There is definitely a lot of love for community in this school but one issue Holliston has is its lack of diversity. Very white, very privileged children. I would say that for the most part everyone is very tolerant towards others and others' beliefs, however there is lack of heterogeneity of race or beliefs and values (political, religious, etc).
The french immersion program was amazing, it was really a unique way of learning and I think it really makes the students learn in new ways. The buildings could use some renovations.
Holliston public school is one of the best schools in Massachusetts in my experience. Our school is filled with some of the best people in the state. We have dozens of talented musicians, young scientists, leaders and sport players. Overlooking us would be a mistake. Our school is not very diverse however, with a huge white majority and little to no African American students. We have a large LBTQ community that everyone in our school respects.
Excellent school in a small, down-to-Earth, town. We’ve been incredibly impressed by all of the teachers our kids have had. They are doing really cool PBL projects and there is a big focus on character development.
Holliston is a great community where students can connect with each other and faculty through a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
Holliston public schools are absolutely disgusting. There are broken windows covered with cardboard and duck tape, there a bugs crawling all over the floors, and nothing in the school has been updated for years. Sometimes there isn’t even water in the vending machines to buy. The school needs to be redone. On top of that, the school is not safe at all I do not feel safe in the school anyone could get in at anytime through the buzzer system because the people in the office don’t look at who is coming in the school.
It's a great school in a small town. There isn't a lot of diversity. The music department is great! There are a lot of great clubs and activity options and lots of opportunities to excel and learn. A lot of AP classes available.
This school is absolutely terrible. The administration has no control over their students. I was a former student and had to leave due to the insane bullying problem. We brought the attention to the administration and the school police officer however nothing was done. There have been cases of drugs being found on property but the biggest punishment that has been given was being suspended for a few days. Kids not only have been found with drugs on campus but also found using said drugs on school property. There recently was a new bullying incident that has caught my attention where there was physical abuse so much so that the student must be escorted to class however the bully is still enrolled. Terrible school full of fake people and poor lifestyles . please do not send your child here
I attended all twelve years of my education in the Holliston school system. The school system is designed to help all. There is a wonderful special education department. I was fortunate enough to be apart of the Independent Education Plan program, and received support daily from teachers. I never felt uncomfortable all twelve years asking questions. No matter what, all students were highly respected.
Excellent academics and opportunities to expand your learning through large range of classes. Sports are very highly looked upon and school makes sure student athletes keep their grades up in order to take part in sport so their academics will not suffer. Lots of clubs and activities to join for all kinds of students, all very welcoming and make the high school experience a memorable one.
The school district has always been supportive of my endeavors as a student and I've seen that they do a good job supporting others. Classes are not all that challenging and there is a limited amount of variety in class choice due to a small student body.
absolutely no diversity at all. sports get no attention unless it's football. too much focus on getting into college, but doesn't help the kids who don't go to college straight out of high school.
I love Holliston, and always will. The schools transition nicely from one to the other and your relationships with teachers lasts a while.
Very White community, High School administration is very dull and very distant from students they feel like dictators. Teachers are mostly very Nice people.