Hillsborough County Public Schools Reviews

My experience with hillsborough county schools has been one of the best I could ever hope for, Ive had some of the most amazing teachers you couldn’t find anywhere else in any other county or state ! Very diverse and student
Personally I think that the hillsborough county public schools is doing a great job based on college readiness with their students and the programs they offer. However at certain schools some staff members have quite an attitude and they are extremely derogatory towards students of a certain heritage
I like the constant want of improvement into the schools. The teachers care about their students. They constantly want better and help organize events for the schools. The academics are well. However, things such as food, building, and bathroom facilities can improve.
Start Your Review of Hillsborough County Public Schools
I attended Brandon high school for all 4 years and although i enjoyed my learning experience i had a hard time with administration. The teachers were excellent and very professional.
The hills borough district is a great county because you’re able to converse with many people from different cultures which is beautiful in my opinion. During my experience with school I haven’t really had negative experiences, because of me being introverted I didn’t really converse with people that often however when it did occur people showed kindness,generosity, and respect. These experience caused me to feel more comfortable during my hours in school. I greatly recommend testing the waters in the Hillsborough district
I have had a great experience at this school. All the teachers have helped me to learn in the best way I possibly can. The food is excellent here, almost as if you’re eating in an actual restaurant. Great school!
One of the things I liked the most about Hillsborough County was how standard it was. What I mean by this is that for all schools in the county, typically one thing that would happen to any school would happen for all of them. Another thing I liked was how big it was. The last real big thing I liked about it was understanding it was for its students. For example, when Tampa was hit by Hurricane Irma, schools were closed down for a week and a half in response to the many people affected by the storm, such as my family and I.
I ATTENDED PUBLIC SCHOOL IN HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL ALL THE WAY UNTILL THE END OF HIGHSCHOOL, AND I AM CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A UNIVERSITY IN TAMPA. I THINK SCHOOLS IN THIS COUNTY SHOULD DO MORE TO IMPROVE COLLEGE READINESS AND I THINK THERE SHOULD BE MORE RESOURCES THAT ASSIST IN GUIDING STUDENTS TO NOT ONLY HOW TO GET INTO COLLEGE BUT ALSO WHAT MAJOR TO PICK.
Military Transfer from Georgia to Florida. This is my 8th School due to my Dad's job in the military. The guidance counselors and staff at Newsome High School in Hillsborough County made my adjustment to a very large new school much easier. It was hard moving my 11th grade year but the faculty and staff helped out so much. Great school with outstanding academics.
I like how many classes they offer at the schools all around. I would like to see them treat our teachers better because they work hard and are under appreciated.
The teachers and staff of Hillsborough County are all around amazing, but Florida has been restricted as far as what these fabulous teachers can do, and it is truly a shame.
I loved going to my high school in the Hillsborough County school district; everyone and everything seemed very tightly knit and involved. I felt extremely safe and educated in each of my classes. I am studying to become a teacher, and maybe I will end up teaching in Hillsborough County.
I went to Armwood High school and Freedom High school and both are great schools. They both have great opportunities for students to excel in college. Freedom had a record breaker of students who received the most scholarship money in 2015. My junior and senior year at freedom was the best.
When we first transitioned from private to public school we realized the resources to help our daughter were far greater than expected. We were able to get the help needed for my daughter's specific learning dissabilites
At Newsome, they have a great academic program and very involved teachers. They really care about your success and future. The one thing I would like to change about Newsome, besides the longevity of the classes, is the fact that Newsome students aren't very inclusive. While the school tries to have everyone be included that is just not the way Newsome students work. I wish that Newsome could be a place where everyone fit in and no one felt left out.
I have attended Hillsborough county public schools since i was in kindergarten. I have never had a major problem with any of the schools i have attended. I honestly enjoy the amount of help and preparation the teachers give me and my peers for college. It is such a pleasure being able to be apart of this school district and all it represents through academics, sports, and as well as the community environment. Through all of this positive feedback there are still some improvements that could be addressed to the system. Like the food for lunch is not that appetizing and could be changed. Overall i truly enjoy being a student in the Hillsborough county public school district and know i am being prepard everyday in the classroom for my success to going to college.
My overall experience in Hillsborough County Public Schools were amazing until i came to high school my perception changed fully. As their were many mistakes there, such as Teachers not teaching (Using Khan academy), Teachers who don't know their material.
Start Your Review of Hillsborough County Public Schools
I love Hillsborough county because I believe it has the best school spirit and great staff. This county is safe because they provide us with safety rules and safety drills every once in a while. This is good because we never know when to expect something we must be prepared for. Hillsborough makes sure we are all safe and comfortable. Bullying is a big no in Hillsborough county; therefore, it makes our schools safer and students feel welcome as well. My county provides us also with programs on bullying and drug safety. Drugs is also a big no in our county there is consequences for this as well.
I would like to see parents more involved and also learn things for college readiness and the real world not just what we need to know to past.
I personally loved the opportunities presented to me through my school to help the Hillsborough County community. Without the clubs and programs implemented into the schools students would be limited in their resources and abilities to reach out to their neighbors and friends. But I firmly belive that Hillsborough Country schools do a well job in promoting not just academic success, but stewardship and service. Without the encouragement given to me by my school I would not have experienced or learned all the wonderful memories and skills I obtained while doing community service.