Hillsboro Deering Cooperative School District Reviews

Hillsboro-Deering staff is/are incredible, they genuinely care about our future and our education. They also care about our wellbeing as well. There are plenty of opportunities for outside help, classrooms are judgement free zones, and everyone is supportive of each other. Mr. Mitchell is amazing, and so is Mrs. Irwin.
I am a senior at Hillsboro-Deering High School, and my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. My teachers at HDHS have been immensely supportive, and I've really enjoyed my time there. Our district treats its employees well, and because of that many of the high school teachers have been at HD for 15+ years. Though we are a small rural school, I never felt like HD was lacking in opportunities. I've taken 6 AP classes, and every AP test I took I passed. We have a cute little community in the high school, and I'm really glad to be a part of it.
So my son started high school. It's the schools responsibility to know where are children are from the moment they get on the bus until they arrive home. So I was very curious why my son wasn't in school as he was not at our house. Then three months later my son is attacked by two football players. Instead of the school showing any help to my son they kept calling him a liar. We had to get the police involved they did their investigation charged the boys. After speaking to several parents of this school district it seems to be a recurring theme. If I could move out of this town I would. Right now we are trying to find alternative schools for my two other children. Children are not put first in this district.
Start Your Review of Hillsboro Deering Cooperative School District
I loved my experience at the alternative program. I did not like how students do not get more disciplined at the high school for things they should be severely disciplined for.