Highland Central School District Reviews

The teachers were hardworking and understanding as well as helpful. The courses that were given were not much of a wide variety giving a slight disadvantage.
If there's anything I really liked about Highland it's definitely the teachers. During my experience from kindergarten to my senior year, I can't say I ever had a teacher I didn't like. Highland's flaw is, hands down, the lack of diversity. Over time, I have noticed more variety and diversity around the district but certainly still not enough. I'm going out into the world now feelings very sheltered and kind of confused because I never really got the opportunity to interact with people much like myself, minorities.
The school focuses a a lot of time and energy into sports that frankly we are not good at. The teachers are wonderful and they truly care about students.
Start Your Review of Highland Central School District
The school is small and close knit and you can definitely feel a sense of community here. However, there are cliques and you run into the problem where you meet people who receive things because of their last names. The clubs and opportunities are great considering what a small school district there is. In the high school, students have the opportunity to take college classes and take advantage of the many field trips.