Henderson County Public Schools Reviews

While I have been offered numerous opportunies to take AP courses, as I have taken 18 in my high school career. While some teachers are definitely not the greatest, the amazing teachers they have truly make up for that gap. These amazing teachers have allowed me to reach my act score of a 35.
Henderson County schools are great for preparing for college however there are cliques between teachers. Dual credit and AP courses are widely available and a great help.
My experience with Henderson County Public Schools was very successful. All the teachers that I have had have always been encouraging of me. Henderson County is a supportive county and that also shows in the schools here.
Start Your Review of Henderson County Public Schools
I really enjoyed going here. I have learned a lot of things mentally and personally. This includes meeting friends, and more knowledge to get me further in life towards my dream job. I have also felt accepted and happy for who I am there. Teachers always know how to help and are patient. I also enjoy the academics that are offered.
I loved the diversity and how every student was uniquly excepted. The time in between classes needs to longer due to how large the school is.
they are so closed minded here. any kind of change is thrown away and deemed unacceptable. I've been going here since preschool and literally nothing has changed. well actually the middle schools got uniforms and everybody is miserable there now. the high school is way too big. theres at least 4,000 kids there because we only have one high school in the district which is so dumb. we were in debt four years ago so they fired a bunch of teachers that were vital to the school. I honesty don't think they care about how they treat the students. they don't seem to care that kids are bullied and want to kill themselves. also our director of the school board, Margana Stanley, is a lizard person.
As a senior student at Henderson County Highschool, I have been through three of the school's facilities for a number of years, and have family members that work in this public school district. I feel that my experience has been truly average. No public school will ever be perfect, and that is not our district or the facility's fault, but in our government authority even past the state. However, I do believe that Henderson values and nurtures students more than most public schools would. The faculty is wonderful, from the schools I have been enrolled in especially. They help students grow, and truly do what they can to ensure that pupil will lead a successful life. The student body, especially currently at the High School, is quite large, and our facilities struggle to accommodate this often times. In the future, I hope to see our facilities here reconstructed, or at least slightly renovated in a way that benefits our mass population of students.
it's a big school system that takes more pride in athletic achievement than academic ones. the schools has opportunities but not a lot and the schools spends a lot of time with sports over academia that hurts the school.
I enjoyed the atmosphere at football and basketball games, along with a few kind staff. However, Henderson county schools seem to be understaffed, unorganized, and corrupt. The teachers would daily express their disdain for the school system. The popular and rich students that attended the schools would receive special treatment and wouldn't get into nearly as much trouble as someone else who committed the same offense. Many teachers would also show favoritism for the popular/rich students. Also, on many occasions the school food would come with hairs in them, or be cold when meant to be cooked, etc. In addition, the dress code at Henderson county high school was extremely outdated and conservative. For example, girls aren't allowed to wear shirts with sleeves that don't come down past the shoulder and allowed to wear leggings. However, male students have little rules when it comes to dress code. Henderson county public school system needs to get its priorities in order!
They were outstanding the past four years of my high school career! I couldn't ask for a better school to attend! I can't wait to see where they take the SOFA program because I know it will go far! I pray that they support it like it deserves to be supported.
Great teachers with the willingness to help students learn. Wonderful school for parents to send their children too.
Henderson County Schools has put a massive effort in achieving excellence in and through their students.
Henderson County school district are people who favor other based on how much money they may or may not have. They need to work on many things, but bullying is the main issue.
very safe learned a lot but the rules are very strict on very mundane things. Lunch is awful and makes you feel sick but the teachers are great
Henderson County High School has the largest career & technical unit in the state which gives students an opportunity to learn about careers in a variety of fields. Henderson also has classes that give students oppurtunities to earn college credits while still in high school & work at an advanced pace.
There are good perks and not so good flaws. We're a tad overcrowded, but they make it work. The staff is typically friendly with the exception of a few. They do lots of rewards.