Hempfield Area School District Reviews

I would like to see the teachers change in the chemistry department due to them favoring one sex over the other. Also the food was reported on Buzzfeed for being classified as a joke. There is little to no diversity in my four years of being in this high school.
I enjoyed my time at Hempfield. Some of the teacher gave me trouble, but other then a handful of teachers my time there was enjoyable. I was in the band and it was like a second family, that’s what most people say a about their sports teams or clubs.
N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A.
Start Your Review of Hempfield Area School District
Overall a good school. They offer many AP classes and "dual enrollment" classes to help get a head start for college. They have a great honors program for advanced students. There are some amazing teachers but there are a lot who don’t care about their students too. Good athletics and facilities.
The high school is in dire need of a renovation. Dirty water leaks from the ceilings and down the walls of the hallways. The air conditioning and heating does not work properly.
Hempfield Area offered many opportunities to meet and interact with others despite its ridiculously large population. Some of the staff is incredibly knowledgeable, helpfully and genuinely care for their students both academically and personally. However, there are staff members who disregard their students and only show up to make a paycheck. A lot of the facilities are not as well kept as they should be. Administration also has a huge budgeting issue. Instead of spending money where it is needed, they decide it's best used on things such as thousands of dollars on a score board that they are unable to use. Overall my experience was pretty average with few exceptions.
I attended hempfield area high school for my entire high school career. The teachers were very helpful and eager to teach. They were always happy to give extra help when it was needed.
A lot of the teachers (honors track teachers) are very helpful and invested in their students' educations. The school itself, however, is kind of gross. The roof leaks and the bathrooms smell, but the school plans to renovate or re-build within the next 5-10 years.
I think they need to have more core class related electives. The academic courses could also be a bit more rigorous, but the teachers and staff do a pretty good job.
Hempfield Area High School has taught me how to become an independent young adult and how to treat everyone with respect. There is no tolerance of bullying here and it is very diverse. The staff is very friendly and understanding as well.
Loved the marching band and the community it created. Met a lot of my friends though the organization. Was able to travel and see a lot of new places and perform with the band. Learned a lot of great leadership skills
The thing I liked most about hempfield area is that they had caring teachers. Who wanted to help out the student and was just not there for a paycheck
As someone who is studying to become a secondary education teacher, Hempfield Area School District is my #1 pick. I attended this district and I have found myself gravitating towards it ever since. The teachers are fantastic and it has a lot to offer! Plenty of enrichment activities, sports, and clubs were made available to me. For example, German and Japanese were both languages offered to me in the high school; most other local schools did not have these languages available to be taken for credit. I think it's a great school.
I found that students in the honors track received a good education, however, otherwise it was a mediocre education.
Hempfield Area Senior High School is a very good school. The education that is provided is good. The teachers are very good at their jobs, they really appreciate their students and do everything they can to help improve and better the students education. The only thing that is really bad about Hempfield is some maintenance needs done.Everything is very outdated, the bathrooms could use some remodeling, and the roof needs fixed because it leaks a lot.
Overall Hempfield is a good, however there is a major lacking in school spirit and communication between administration and the student body.
I would like to see change to the school psychological department. I have friends in the school who's parents won't take them to see a therapist or psychologist outside of school, and I also have friends who need the help during school, and the guidance department doesn't provide that service.
Start Your Review of Hempfield Area School District
My favorite thing about Hempfield are the teachers. They are easily the best people you could ever hope to meet. They are friendly, easily approachable, and they make class fun. Not once have I ever dreaded going to a class because I have seriously loved every single class and teacher.
I liked being involved in the arts, and I like the level of academic achievement possible through the education at HASD. I dislike the cuts of classes lack of funding for arts program throughout the entire district. Younger students should be exposed to their opportunities, and high school students pursuing an art education / art career should be able to take classes that will benefit their future.
At Hempfield, it is really easy to either fit in completely or be absolutely lost in the crowd. There are many sports and clubs that can be joined, but like all schools there are cliques. The teachers overall are very easy to get along with, and willing to give extra help to students when needed. Looking back, I wish I was involved more.