Harrison County Schools Reviews

I would love to see better academics for all schools. Some schools offer more diverse topics and college preparedness classes. Additional, advance placement and dual enrollment classes are essential for college advancement.
I would like to see better communications between students and their families and the school district itself. The district could improve on informing parents of changes to the school schedule and its policies.
Lincoln High School is very similar to your average high school. However, I believe it differs from others in the way its students and teachers react with each other. I have been to many schools across the country and Lincoln High School has been my favorite school by far.
Start Your Review of Harrison County Schools
The Harrison County school District is not the worst but there needs to be a lot of improvements. For example, at my school the restrooms are never cleaned properly, the stall doors do not lock, and the girl’s restroom has flooded 4 times just this school year. Our sports programs like football and basketball are favorited and get a lot more funding than the music, theatre, and art programs and I along with many others don’t see how this is appropriate. Overall Harrison County does not have “bad” schools but there are a lot of changes that need to be made in order to make the students to feel more welcomed, excepted, and most importantly, safe. Our schools are struggling and someone needs to do something about it
Throughout my education at Harrison County schools, I received a decent level of education at sub-par schools. I encountered many great teachers and some teachers who seem to not know anything about the subject. Some of my teachers in high school were great about college preparation while some did not prepare me at all. Overall, my school experience wasn't bad but it definitely was not the greatest I could have received.
I love the teachers that teach in the Harrison County school district. Everyone is amazing help has helped mold who I am today. There is not much that needs to change in Harrison County.
Ever since I entered Pre-K at Wilsonburg Elementary School, almost 12 years ago, I have felt that Harrison County and it’s employees (my teachers) have provided me with an excellent education, future life skills and lessons, and I believe they have made me the person I am today and hope to be in the future.
Better learning environment, more one on one learning time, better food, less online leaning more paper and pencils. Some of the teachers I think shouldn’t have been allowed back to teach, one teacher like strangled a kid and another sold and did drugs.
I am a college student attending Salem University in the Harrison County District in Salem, West Virginia. I could not find my school, but it lies within the boundaries of the county.
While going to school in Harrison County, I have enjoyed every moment. The teachers and faculty are incredible, making sure that everyone feels safe and at home. The only problem I’ve had is the amount of drug abuse from students while in school. I wish that the schools would crack down on such behavior, without taking away all or our freedom.
I love my school. It is a great atmosphere, all the teachers treat us like family. It is a very positive learning environment.
I would like to see the bis drivers and teachers be able to do more about the kids who are unruly. I know of a few on my child's bus that are very unruly. They have no consequences at home for there actions and i know that's not a good thing. Andif they act like thaton the bus they have to be acting like that in the classroom as well.
Lincoln isn't treaded like Bridgeport High school, but we are treated like we are people and it's an overall good school. Just wish there were more funding for the theatre programs.
I loved it here. Would not change a thing. Great place to learn and get involved. Lots of opportunities to further your education as well. Way better then most of the surrounding areas. If looking for a fair school, you have found the perfect one.
I like the sense of community. I know pretty much everyone around me and it is a comforting notion. However the rising populace has caused some congestion in halls and in school rallies.
These schools are always very welcoming to you. They keep us at our best and make us push and give all that we can. Food is average and cleanliness is average.
Harrison County is an okay school. Our school systems are out of date and it's far from the best. It could be much better and sadly it isn't.
Start Your Review of Harrison County Schools
The Harrison County School system truly cares about benefitting the students whether it's in Bridgeport or Clarksburg. They are efficient with keeping education methods up to date and pleasing to everyone.
I like having the opportunity to participate in different things. I wish they were less strict about everything.
One thing I'd like to see change is for teachers of seniors to help better prepare them for what the college life is really like.