Harrisburg School District Reviews

The Harrisburg School District is a very generous and proactive district. They have implemented a new "customized learning" option in the high school that allows students to complete coursework with flexibly in pacing, learning ability, and difficulty of coursework. While some criticize the school for the amount of freedoms and difficulties in communication that this program has had, many praise it for the opportunities it has provided students who want to reach their full potential. Overall, my experience with the Harrisburg School District has been a very positive one with an incredibly helpful and comforting staff and an innovation in how high schools are run.
The students and teachers are very welcoming! I skipped a grade and was frightened to do so, but they treated me like an equal and that was really nice.
I loved the opportunities available and the education I received. I did not like that we were completely split with mod and traditional in the sense that I never saw over half of my grade fro four years... that sucked.
Start Your Review of Harrisburg School District
My kids have been in the district for 10 years now. I have one in elementary, middle, and high school. They offer unconventional options of learning - allowing children to learn at their pace. The teachers are awesome and really enjoy teaching the children and do it well.

Administration is absent and sometimes unwilling to listen to parents requests for change. The district is growing at an alarming rate, thus taking their focus away from some things that need their attention.
The Harrisburg school district is a great place to learn and grow up. The teachers actually care about your well being and want you to succeed. The classes offered are pretty great, dual credit and AP classes are challenging and totally worth the extra work. Outside of the shooting, I don't believe that there have been any safety concerns for students. All in all I believe Harrisburg is one of the best school districts in the state.
The class size is very small. About 10-12 students max. Teachers are excellent and very helpful. The school has good classroom and clean environment for students to learn. There are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to participate as well as take college classes which transfers to colleges in low-cost or sometimes free.
IT IS A LARGER SCHOOL THAT STILL HAS A SMALL TOWN FEEL. THE SCHOOL OFFERS DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR LEARNING SO AS A STUDENT I CAN LEARN HOW I DO BEST. IF YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED THERE IS A VARIETY OF CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES. GREAT FOOD. VERY NICE SCHOOL WITH AWESOME GYM SPACE AND WORKOUT FACILITIES. I HAVE ALWAYS FELT SAFE. I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN PREPARED TO GO TO COLLEGE. NOT A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF DIVERSITY PARENTS ARE VERY INVOLVED. FELLS LIKE A SMALL SCHOOL.
I like the people at Harrisburg, especially because everybody knows everybody. There are many teachers that are always there to lend you a helping hand. The two different types of learning types are more personalized for how you like to learn. The athletic side of Harrisburg is very open to anybody and everybody, they also do a great job of encouraging students to go to school events.
I love being a student of Harrisburg School District. The school district is very diverse and professional. They really care about the students and their success. Harrisburg School District has created many programs and systems that can help every student reach their full potential. We have teachers that stay late after school to help students that may need help. We have students that create clubs that allows and appreciate every race, gender, culture of every single student. It is like we are one big family and we all want to see each other succeed and honestly, it is amazing.
I found myself getting less information the older I got. Classes became less engaging, and a lot of teachers would rush through the material in order to sit at their desk at the end of class.
It has been an wonderful experience. I learned to be independent and be determined on my goals. My school has given me unique experience that will stay special deep down my heart.
Harrisburg School district needs a lot of improvement. The administration building lacks manner towards their visitors. Other than that I think Harrisburg school district is one of the best in the mmom is state.
Wonderful academic setting, school is sponsored by Apple and all students get to use Macbook laptops throughout highschool, they are even given the opportunity to purchase the laptops when they graduate. Good sports programs, very hard-working and motivated. The smaller atmosphere allows the staff and admistration to really be involved in the students lives in order to help them succeed.
Harrisburg High School has been a great school for me so far. Overall I've had good experiences with teachers who are very involved and very committed to helping you get your best learning experience, and making the most out of your education. I like the size of the school and the students here. We have a very great community within the school, as well as a community built around the school made of parents and people living in the district that are involved.
I loved it at Harrisburg! The faculty members were so wonderful! I still go back to visit some of my teachers, the office workers, and Principles. My mom is also a middle school teacher there. They are always so welcoming and were very understanding with the school side of it. They cared more about getting to know you on a personal level than just giving you an education. I am getting my degree in elementary education and this is the school district that I want to work in because of the amazing experience I had as a student. I want my teachers to become my coworkers.