Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District Reviews

This is district is just amazing! It is a wonderful experience and the staff is so hardworking and ambitious.
Mostly great teachers and overall caring staff. Food has not been the best this year... moldy cheese ad carrots. I feel safe in my school. We work on developing character and scholastic. However, school does not have the best policy for in-district transfers and how the GPA/ranking transfers as well.
Great teachers! We have kids at 4 different HCISD schools. Each have their strengths and communication is welcome if parents engage. Lots of opportunities for different electives, clubs, and sports.
Start Your Review of Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District
I would love it if they would have prepared us of what’s the real world is going to be for college plus for the teachers actually care to help you learn instead of giving us easy grade work and care about your future, also fixing the campus because it’s in poor condition in some classes
When I attended HCISD in my primary education I always found that the school system there was actually pretty enjoyable. While we didn't always have the newest, cutting-edge resources at our disposal such as computer monitors or tablets, the teachers were always willing to put their best foot forward in helping their students. No teacher was ever perfect, but the dedication they showed us both in the classroom and out on the field reminded me of just how much I enjoyed their teaching and support. The various resources found in their libraries' will always be my most cherished memory as they kept my young, imaginative mind occupied. Whether it was their vast selection of books of entertainment or the resourceful desktops that drew us to the Internet, there was always a way to be whisked away to another world inside of those rooms!
The district offers everything a student could imagine. The continuously-growing school district strives to offer students opportunities to discover who they are and what they wish to become. The district is focused on helping all students prepare for college and for their soon-to-come careers
Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District help stundents work towards success and safety. There are many aspects apart of the organization that help to show students that they are the main focus. Also, there are many traditions that’s HCISD continues to carry on, which creates a warming environment for stundents, staff, and family.
Great place to learn! Excellent staff and teachers that are 100 percent dedicated to the betterment of all students!
I appreciate how the school district honors and pays for the clubs to compete in various competitions. However, most of the students attain very few advanced words in their vocabulary.
I believe its a flourishing school district not only focused on STEM but as well as the Arts and Sports.
My experience has been well, coming from an out-of- state district. I would completely recommend HCISD to everyone!
Harlingen High School is good school, I've been here since sophomore year. I haven't really been involved in any activities. I just like to pass all my classes and graduate and go to college.
It’s been pretty okay but not the best. The food it’s gross and some of the work given is unreasonable.
Not too many AP classes are available. There is very little support for college application process.
Harlingen school district is a well rounded district doing very well in all things school related and with reaching out to the community in ways that define our district in a good way.
I really enjoyed the teachers. I had a strong connection with most of them and they do very well in educating their students. I hope to see a change in the school lunches.
I liked HCISD because they always helped everyone in need and always keep the students safety a priority.
Start Your Review of Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District
Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District (HCISD) helped me achieve my goal of one day stepping on the stage with a diploma in my hands. From 1st grade to senior year, it was full of fun and challenging learning experiences followed by amazing teachers that dedicated their time to do what they love to do. I would like to see more appreciation to the teachers and give them what they deserve because they carry out the most important job on this earth.
The district has a focused vision to help students succeed beyond high school. Programs are in place, and faculty is committed to seeing that each student is prepared to be a successful, contributing member of society.
Some of the teachers are great. The school needs to be upgraded. It’s a big school but falling behind in the times of technology. This is probably because it is a old campus. Athletics is great we always have winning seasons in football and make great playoff runs. As for diversity, well I’d say 70% Hispanic/Latino, 25% White and 5% other.