Harlan County Public Schools Reviews

Harlan county high school really changed me. I felt like I was just in one big family. Everyone was so close and teachers really went an extra mile with helping every student out
I liked going to school here staff are friendly and helpful. Would like to see even more college readiness.
I love the the teaches and everything they have done for me from showing me how to do a simple problem to filing my fafsa. The only thing I would like to see changed is the enrichment period be revised. It is a good concept, but for seniors such as myself we don't get much out of it.
Start Your Review of Harlan County Public Schools
Growing up in a such small town I've always been grateful for any opportunity I can obtain. Our school system goes out of their way to allow us experiences that are amazing and help prefer us for the future. For example I've attended about 4-5 conferences in the last 4 years as a representative of HCHS.
I definitely like high school a lot better than I did elementary school. Mostly because of the extra curriculars and the diversity of people there. However, the academic and arts parts of the school are slightly neglected due to sports being a priority above them.
It’s a great school, with amazing faculty and staff. It’s very diverse and it’s a large and beautiful school. However, there is a high rate of drugs, alcohol, pregnancy, and bullying at the school.
Offer a plethora of sports and extra curricular activities. Some testing scores have been low, but are improving. Bus is primary source of transportation. Kids seem to be unhappy with meals.
I love the atmosphere of Harlan county high school. I also love the sports. I would like to improve the food that is served there and maybe the variety of classes. I would love to have a bigger variety of classes.
I enjoyed the extra-curricular options the most. how involved the teachers are with everything is better than what you would see at other schools
After attending school in the Harlan County Public School district for the entire course of my education I feel like out school are wonderful. They are however a few things I would change but for the most part the experiences that I have had while growing here have been amazing.