Hanover-Horton School District Reviews

I'm very glad that I ended up at Hanover-Horton for my high school career. I moved to the district in the 8th grade and I was welcomed in with open arms. People made sure that I was comfortable and I found a niche quickly. The sports programs are phenomenal and the small size allows for a personal connection with the teachers. As a graduate heading into college, I feel that Hanover-Horton has prepared me to succeed.
Hanover-Horton offers amazing staff that are very involved in helping you do the best you can. It is also one of the top schools in the county for college readiness and we have had the highest SAT/ACT scores in the county for many years.
i have enjoyed my years at Hanover-Horton, all of my teachers have been helpful and nice. I have attended from pre-k thru 12th grade. My grades have always been good and credit that to my teachers and mom.
Start Your Review of Hanover-Horton School District
Hanover is an excellent school that puts your education first, as all schools should. With an excellent staff and a great community to back it, Hanover is a great place to be!
All the years that I have been at Hanover-Horton High School, I have been supported and cared for. Every single teacher only wants the very best for each student, whether that be academic support or emotional support, failure is not an option. The most remarkable thing about my school is that no matter what grade your in, everyone supports each-other. If I were to change one thing, I would change the rules to our dress code, because it is really strict on what we can and cannot wear.
I have gone to Hanover since Kindergarten. I love the small school and how there is a lot of one-on-one student to teacher interaction, but because it is so small, the school can't offer advanced classes.
We are two small communities that combine to make one great school. We are small in size but are in the top five in our county of 13 school districts in testing. Whether it is the MEAP, SAT, or ACT our school out ranks most in the area. Athletically we are known for our cross country and boys basketball. As a smaller school we all watch out for each other, both in school and in our community. I feel blessed to have grown up in such a great district.
This school district is defiantly one of the top schools in Jackson County. For the past three years we have had the top SAT scores in the county, thanks to the dedicated students and knowledgeable faculty. If you like a small public school then Hanover-Horton is the one for you.
It is a very small school that is dominated by white/Caucasian students. All of the teachers are white besides one who I believe has Hispanic/Latino heritage. Upper grade level teachers and classes like English 3, Pre-Calculus, and the science department are much more invested in the students than other departments. The typical grade for students is either C or below, or A. It is rare to hear about a B. There are successful students and there are students who fail.
I will be graduating from this school in the spring. I have been attending this school since the second grade. I can't think of a more ideal district and community.