Halifax Area School District Reviews

I like that many of the teachers make themselves available to help students whenever they need it. In addition, with the current renovations, the technology and facilities are very nice. The cafeteria works very hard to provide healthy choices in a wide variety. Although I am appreciative of my school, the small size of the school and the town is a hindrance on the available opportunities. There is very little diversity or exposure to real life situations.
I liked the atmosphere, in particular, the way certain teachers cared about the success of their students. The English department was at its best while I was in high school. As for what needs to change, the high school needs to prepare you for what college is actually going to be like.
Overall not a good experience. And not one I would choose again for any of my children. Going to school board meetings is like going to a filming of Jerry Springer. Lot's of in fighting, lack of transparency and very little character with many of the school board members. It is clear that teachers feel devalued which many times leads to poor performance. A small school with huge money problems which leads to a lack of proper resources for children and families.
Start Your Review of Halifax Area School District
The Halifax Schools have some of the friendliest teachers and students in the area and really focuses on building character, which is why everyone is so friendly. We have a program called "Discovery" which is a 30 minute period in which the students spend doing different activities that promote better characters.
I really enjoyed the teacher to student ratio. There were so many opportunities to expand my knowledge as I was able to get more of an individual level of learning from the teachers.