Halifax Area School District Reviews

I liked the atmosphere, in particular, the way certain teachers cared about the success of their students. The English department was at its best while I was in high school. As for what needs to change, the high school needs to prepare you for what college is actually going to be like.
Overall not a good experience. And not one I would choose again for any of my children. Going to school board meetings is like going to a filming of Jerry Springer. Lot's of in fighting, lack of transparency and very little character with many of the school board members. It is clear that teachers feel devalued which many times leads to poor performance. A small school with huge money problems which leads to a lack of proper resources for children and families.
The Halifax Schools have some of the friendliest teachers and students in the area and really focuses on building character, which is why everyone is so friendly. We have a program called "Discovery" which is a 30 minute period in which the students spend doing different activities that promote better characters.
Start Your Review of Halifax Area School District
I really enjoyed the teacher to student ratio. There were so many opportunities to expand my knowledge as I was able to get more of an individual level of learning from the teachers.