Great Valley School District Reviews

Excellent schools, teachers and students. I think this is the best school district I have seen so far as everyone is ready to help each other to grow.
Great Valley is an amazing school with terrific support for their students. My experiences have been nothing but positive and I have enjoyed my time there.
I like how the school is preparing me really well for college but it can get too intense at times. There is so much pressure that you have to get all A's and you have to take all AP and Honor's classes to get into college, but you don't. But I feel like the majority of teachers in the high school do care about there students and how they are doing not just in school but also mentally and physically out of school.
Start Your Review of Great Valley School District
Great Valley has offered and helped me for getting ready for college. With my teachers and parents they have helped me create good and strong habits that I can continue in college. Our academics is outstanding and are sports teams are descent. They have really put together a good staff and a fun place to be.
I would like to see recognition more for students who work hard but aren’t necessarily top of the class. It would be great if the awards for accomplishments weren’t always given to the same individuals every year. There are a lot of students that do not get recognized for their high academic achievements.
I enjoyed the community, relationships and connections that are developed through the school district.
I would like to see greater diversity and college preparation even starting at freshman years. There should be a 1:1 mentorship program for seniors to act as a guide to freshman and facilitate their transition from MS to HS.
the teachers are kind and invested in the well being of their students. a bit over focused on standardized testing rather than learning, but create a safe environment overall
Overall, my experience at Great Valley was smooth and exciting. I met some of my best friends and had the opportunity of working with highly educated teachers. Throughout my years at Great Valley, I learned how to work efficiently and be organized. One of my favorite things about the high school were the English classes. The English teachers really do prepare you for college when it comes to writing. So far I have received great words from my college professors on my writing skills. Socially, it is quite a diverse place that has a variety of opportunities such as sports and clubs to make sure that each student is a part of the school community.
My experience at Great Valley has been pretty good. The teachers care about the students mental and emotional being, they make it known that they are here for the students but also know that they are there to teach and get the job done.
Both my daughters attend Great Valkey, and my oldest was very prepared for college when she graduated. They have fabulous teachers that really care about the students and go 300% for their students. I highly recommend this district. Nothing else even compares or comes close to the exceptional overall quality of all the schools in this district.
Great Valley School District has amazing teachers who really prepare students for college and beyond.
I would like to see the communication between the students and faculty strengthened. I would also like to see the faculty enforcing their disciplinary code to a fuller extent.
I received a great education with esteemed academic activities. The teachers are for the most part engaging and excited for their students to learn. I will say that I wish my school offered more interesting courses, as their curriculum is fairly basic. I also wish they required an art credit to graduate since their program is often overlooked.
As someone who has been in Great Valley School District for 12 years, I will say this school is much better than others in the area. Once you sit down and think about the good aspects of GVHS, you become more grateful for being at such a district. The school is so diverse in many ways such as a diverse racial community, diverse group of people in the LGBTQ+ community... GVHS is always willing to accept other people. The teachers always make sure students feel welcome and make sure they understand the material being taught. As I get ready for college, the counselors help out with any planning and definitely deserve appreciation and recognition for being so amazing in the college readiness category. I believe there needs to be change to the awareness of bullying. Bullying is still prevelant at GVHS. Besides this, I have made many memories here and I hope GVSD stays this way for years to come.
My children go to Agora cyber charter school and it overall has been a positive move from traditional schooling to online public school option. They helped re-evaluate them for their IEP and have been helpful making sure they didn't fall through the cracks. I do think the children need more resource help and help transitioning. The admin for Agora is outstanding.
Great Valley School District helped me break out of my shell and helped me develop a multitude of skills and characteristics such as: leadership, citizenship, community activism, professional development and phenomenal study skills.
The schools constantly provided a safe learning environment in which bullying was not tolerated and counseling was accessible whenever students needed it. The teachers and faculty were also incredibly encouraging and served as great role models.
Start Your Review of Great Valley School District
very good school with great academic and athletic opportunities for students. There could be more diversity, as it being in a wealthier suburban area.
Great Valley is honestly a very put together school. They have amazing teachers as well as amazing sports and clubs. Some things I would like to see change are the treatment of the girls sports.
My experiences in high school were poor because the administration did not give me the help or support that I needed. I found the services I was looking for down the line when I got older, but the administration turned a blind eye to bullying, mental health issues, suicide in my class, drug abuse, sexual assault, and many other hardships that I and other students experienced.