Grayslake Community High School District No. 127 Reviews

A very good school district academically that has grown quite a bit in recent years. They offer a wide variety of classes and organizations for students to partake in.
As a parent, I feel that GCHS offers a challenging curriculum and great extracurricular activities. It’s a healthy community that offers many programs to students but doesn’t pressure them.
I am a Senior who attends Grayslake Central High School, one of the two District 127 High Schools, and my experience at Grayslake Central has been a great one. I've had an excellent experience learning with phenomenal teachers that help get us ready for college with class content and work load. Besides the academics, Grayslake Central is a very welcoming and open environment that allows students to become the person they want to be with plenty of opportunities to find success and meet new people to build bonds with. I am proud to say I attend Grayslake Central and would recommend anyone who is planning to move in to our community to check our school out because it is a great place to grow and learn.
Start Your Review of Grayslake Community High School District No. 127
Over the course of my four years the administration has changed a lot. The teachers are incredible but higher up faculty should definitely listen to students more.
Grayslake is a fantastic community where teachers care about their students from the dean all the way down to the counselors to the gym teacher to the lunch lady. They get to know each individual child, they spend one-on-one time with them and they really get involved in their education in their growth
My experience in the Grayslake school district had been very positive. I know that I have received a good education and feel very prepared for college. The schools could be improved by allowing trans student to change in the locker rooms the prefer, but overall the school is accepting of all people.
Grayslake North High School had many good aspects to its experience and very little negative ones. The music program is run very well. Dr. Edstrand is one of the best music teachers I have had in my seven years as a musician. She manages to keep upwards of two hundred rowdy band members in line while still making time to give students one on one help. The sports programs at our school are also exemplary. The coaches offer insight to their respective sports and push athletes to better themselves. At the same time they manage to maintain a heavy emphasis on academics as the top priority for student athletes.
My school is committed to academics. However, it still is a high school, meaning the students have other priorities.
Overall, a very good school. Great academics and school culture, but the sports departments are rather lacking. To counter that shortcoming, the arts and music departments are well funded and a pleasure to be in.
Grayslake Central has an amazing set of teachers, and the students thrive off of that and are able to become very successful academically. Every effort has been made to encourage students to challenge themselves by taking Honors and AP classes. As a student I feel very safe at this school, and have never really seen anything that gives cause for concern. The only thing that could be better is the help given to students to help them understand the move to college. When I was a junior, I felt that I lacked a lot of information about the transition. While we were given things like financial aid seminars, I felt the school could have gone beyond that to explain the entire process, so students and families who were experiencing this for the first time knew what to expect beyond FAFSA. Overall though, a great school with a great environment to become successful in. The school's staff genuinely want to help the students be the best they can be, both academically and in the community.
It was a pretty good school. I went to grayslake central. The teachers were pretty nice and friendly for the most part. Like most schools not all were but I'd say most of mine were. There was a good amount of diversity in comparison to some schools.
Grayslake North is a very understanding environment which creates a great place to excel in education opportunities for the future.
It is an all around great school.
Nice teachers. Great sports. Kind people. Has made me a better person. And have learned a lot.
It's amazing, everyone gets a long extremely well, there are sooooo many smiles every where you go amazing teachers.
Grayslake Community High School District 127 has been a wonderful experience for me. I have made so many new friends in the last 4 years it is unbelievable. I have been active in the Theater Program and played soccer for two years before injury. I enjoy playing in the concert and marching bands. I love this school
Girl sports are not given the same funding as the boy sports. Boys baseball received a new electronic score board, and the girls revived cat litter to fill in the holes on the softball field. There are a great diversity of students from all backgrounds, and an Honors and AP program for excelerated learners. There are many art and humanities classes offered and there is a charter program with the local technical campus for vocational learning options. Student couslers do not take there job seriously, and provide poor outlets for struggling students.
I like how Grayslake really pushes students to work harder and achieve their goals. The system focuses on getting students ahead and pushing them forward into success. With a combination of AP courses and a fantastic team of teachers, the school district does a fantastic job of getting students ready for the world beyond highschool, whether that be college or otherwise. It's a great place to live and a great place to go to school.