Granite School District Reviews

Granite School District is a very well organized district that cares for each student individually. Each teacher is also observed very carefully by members of the district to ensure that students are able to learn all subjects efficiently and effectively.
Great School! Terri Roylance is the best principle and unifies the students and administration making Cottonwood, in my opinion one of the best schools in Utah. Awesome teachers that really care about you and your success.
I've been in the Granite district ever since I can remember, and it has always been such a good district.
Start Your Review of Granite School District
Granite School district has many opportunities to explore various fields of interest during high school with their GTI program. One thing I don't love about the district is that it seems that with every program I am involved with, we have to jump through a million loop holes to make things run smoothly.
I enjoy the majority of the teachers and the opportunities that have been given to me. I have only had one teacher that bullied me all of third grade who bullied me and made me cry every day until the point where I had to go on antidepressant medication.
over crowded, my student was falling behind, teachers never notified me that there was a problem until the failing grades came out
I like how there are varieties of schools so if one school doesn’t have a certain subject another school will most likely have it. And also the schools have the same subjects most he time so if you transfer you are more likely to be able to take the same classes.
Granger is a place where anyone can just come in and have a life experience, the environment and Resources provided by the school is amazing..but Things like launch me ues should’ve been better..As my point of view too much junk.
Id like to see more improvement within the Avid department. For the most part it is a program that has a good motto however Granite has to step it up with the program and work on helping kids. With preparing them for college readiness.
It is a good district, although they should improve certain schools that may need a little more help than others. For example, replace certain teachers that aren't really teaching in their class rooms. Have students score higher on test, have resources available and let students be aware of those resources. Other than that it is a good school district.
Some teachers that worked for the Granite School District have made a huge impact on my life in a good way. They didn't only teach me educational stuff but they also taught me life lessons. I believe that the curriculum could be changed, and getting more resources would be nice.
When my daughter started at Granite Connections about 6 months ago she didn't have any credits. She decided to take the GER test since she matched the criteria. So now she passed and she wants to wait till next year to walk with her class. She did all this while being homeless. My father (her Grandpa) died last April and then in October my Son's Dad died and in April my first husband died. We all became depressed but Isaura managed to accomplish one of her biggest goals in life. Graduating!!
My experience with the Granite School District was very exceptional because I was able to see what high school should really be, fun and meaningful. Not just your average school where you only get taught the materials, you actually have a relationship with your teachers and faculty that brings everyone together. We are a very diverse School District when it comes to the students. Everyone gets to learn something new every day that most people would not get to do and I am very appreciative of that.
They are not good at all at spreading out the welth to all schools in the district. There rules and restrictions make it harder for the teachers to teach (I know this because my mom is a teacher) and they make it difficult to make any changes on these stupid rules.
I love Granite School District it is filled with amazing oppurtunites and experiences. There are so many things to do and get involved in. Granite School District has a great staff filled with brilliant teachers, hard working staff memebrs, and excellent leaders in all of its schools. I am not only recieving the basic learning I need in my everyday life but I am also recieve the proper guidance to pursue my future career.
I am an alum of Taylorsville High School in Granite School District. My experience in the district left something to be desired. While it was clear that there were people within the district that were genuinely invested in the success and we'll being of it's students, the overarching goal of the district itself seemed to be greedy, selfish, and one-dimensional.
I like the way all teachers are interested in out academic lives and personal when we need the help. Including when we need a push to achieve our goals. Although, many teachers are being paid less then they are suppose to. Many changes are being done to schools in the district but the direct needs to focus on the academic staff and students.
Start Your Review of Granite School District
My experience in granite school district has been overall good. There is a good staff with a passion for learning and teaching.
It is big and has lots of restrictive rules and policies that can make some things difficult. It is also well funded.
It has been an okay experience. It is a fair district, but it could use a lot of improvements. Students have many opportunities available to them such as clubs, teams, and academic wise they have AP courses and CE courses available. Although, the school needs more funds for team and other activities and all teams should be treated the same. At least in Taylorsville High School with the principal they had two years ago he loved the football team, but didn't worry much about the other. Everyone in the school should feel welcomed and like they matter.