Grand Prairie Independent School District Reviews

I enjoy going to school in GPISD because it has a close, community feel to it and there is lots of school pride, in elementary, middle, and high schools. Additionally, the different opportunities offered to students are numerous and vary immensely, such as the fine arts school, career school, and tradiotonal schools offered.
I love how Grand Prairie Independent School District trains you for beyond high school. With the numerous opportunities, like dual credit classes and internships, I know that I am prepared to succseed.
My overall experience in Grand prairie High school was amazing, I was actually involved in a sport so that helped me see the school differently to those who aren't involved in anything.
Start Your Review of Grand Prairie Independent School District
Grand Prairie Independent School District offers a variety of school programs based on students preference, offering choices from traditional to kaleidoscope schools programs for K-12.
Grand Prairie Independent School District is committed to prepare alumni for their college ambitions and is ready to assist those who desire to pursue a career, their district offers the SAT test and AP course exams free of charge to all students.
Located in North Texas, the city of Grand Prairie is a culturally diverse town filled with increasing opportunities for all and is ready to embrace oncoming students who desire to take part in their growing district.
I loved how each school interacts with each other. The "rivalry" in Gramd Prairie allows everyone to get together and have fun as a community. The district assures safety and a great education to all its students.
GPISD is an amazing district, but like every, it does have its flaws.
The students are not allowed to be fully expressive without being stopped by admin or teachers. Also, parents opinions are not valued or heard as much as they should be. The parents shape the students, and the schools should too, but like said, families are not answered. Overall, GPISD is a great district, but could possibly fix that.
The teachers are amazing! Super caring and considerate to helping all students learn. The education environment is overall very uplifting and challenges kids to excel in academics and succeed.
I feel like the security at these schools need to be better. I went to GPHS, and we didn't even had a lock down practice drill, like two fire drills, and no tornado drills. I didn't feel safe at these schools.
What I loved about Grand Prairie high school was that this school put itself on the map . Grand Prairie high school was known as a just a school where the “bad kids” attended to , but not anymore Grand Prairie high school changed and and did such big things and improvements .
My time in grand prairie school districts was very exciting I learned a lot of new and valuable information in and outside of the classroom. The environment is very friendly as well. It is great for a child to grow up and go to school here
One particular thing I like about my district is it is very diverse. I meet people from all over because they made our school district open. This allows for students in less fortunate communities to commute to our schools. One thing I dislike is school lunch. There is not much of a variety and it does not look appetizing. This is very typical for a student to say and can be hard to change due to the many preferences.
It is a very good district that is highly bent on education. If you are looking for a district where you or your child will receive college-ready resources and information, then this is the district for you. It truly gives targets all resources available towards the success of students toward the best and most satisfying college life possible. It gives a student the college feel before the individual even has the opportunity to enter an actual university setting. As a result, students do not feel out of place when they first enter college. It is a very brilliant school district indeed.
Coming from a smaller school, before GPISD, I would like to see more parent involvement through out the school district. I like the organization and how put-together the district as a whole is.
I grew up in Grand Prairie ISD and elementary was amazing the teachers covered all the material so many parents were involved in pta and we would do fun activities the teachers genuinely cared for you all of my teachers knew my parents.Comes middle school and the same atmosphere carried on I loved it that is until they told us our middle school was becoming an all boy school things changed there was an all girls school and we were separated it felt different and high school came and I felt as if GPISD grew and all they cared for was money and good ratings my High School was even added an advisory class just so it could have an extra star I feel as If our principal was not a good one and just got the job because she's good friends with the superintendent. Overall it was a blessing being a part of GPISD even through all the bad stuff I am who I am because of all the teachers who helped influence me into the person I am today and I'll forever be thankful.
My four years with Grand Prairie ISD was outstanding. The teachers are very involved with their students and are committed to not only providing quality education but great friendships. Great opportunities such as internships, scholarships and community service are available.
In Grand Prairie they prepare you for your future. Every nine weeks they test you over your subjects and it really helps prepare you for the STAAR.
Overall, I did enjoy my life as a student in GPISD. I was enrolled in school there pre-k through high school. I feel like the schools (especially Grand Prairie High school) struggle with communication and organization at times, but you'll receive a good education overall. You come across great teachers and great staff, but there are a few bad apples. I would say it depends on which schools you attend that can make or break your experience as a student here.
Start Your Review of Grand Prairie Independent School District
I graduated in 2016 and was involved with many organizations including student council,cheerleading,football and baseball. Those are to name a few, but since I have graduated they have had numerous new programs of choice pop up and continue to gain more students each year. The administration is also great I loved all of my faculty even ones I did not have the pleasure of taking a course from. Another big and still growing organization we have is avid. I can not say enough about Mrs. Hall, she was my rock and still checks up on not only me but kids she worked with years before I. Grandma Praire works hard and Ian often under scores or under rated throught our districts in dallas county.
The overall atmosphere in Grand Prairie is so wonderfully nostalgic and home-like. An exceptional place to raise a family and especially the school system which vibrantly educates the young generation to a brighter tomorrow.
My experience has been amazing. For the past two years I have been having internships, which really helps you decide whether you want to do that for the rest of your life.