Governor Mifflin School District Reviews

My experience at Governor Mifflin was rough at first coming from another country and school. The counselors help you a lot so you can feel comfortable. Things that need change is definitely the food.
The experience was a memorable one, over my four years I saw the school transform from an academically lacking school to one that has increased academics and student outreach. The teachers all try their best to connect with their students and make sure they get the best education for each class. The administration cares about everyday life and well being of their students and are trying to transform their education. All so that the Governor Mifflin School district prepares students for the 21st century.
I am a current senior at Governor Mifflin High School and have loved every minute of it. My teachers have been very supportive throughout the years. This school is very well-rounded with amazing athletic, academic and music programs. Administration is amazing and it's a very technologically advanced school. The school is very safe, having an on campus officer.
Start Your Review of Governor Mifflin School District
Governor Mifflin does decently compared to surrounding schools. The teachers are dedicated and the facilities are nice. The students could be better behaved. I wouldn't list it as a top notch school, but in the upper half.
Governor Mifflin is okay, but I think it can be better. Our discipline issues could use improvement. Students roam around and skip class all the time. The teachers (most of them) are dedicated and do a great job. Sometimes administration is lacking and students in the middle get lost. It's not a stand out school academic wise because many kids aren't serious and just goof off.
great science teachers in the high school. English teachers have taught same curriculum for years- not updating books you are required to read with the times- Jane Austin, Chaucer etc. Math teachers focus on the easy students, not encouraging if you are a struggling math student.GMSD uses "everyday math" program in elementary school- horrible program, does not prepare students with math foundations. Middle/high school teachers do not support "everyday math" skills, expect students to have 'old school' math skills when they were never taught k-6.
I really love Governor Mifflin and feel as if their academics and teachers have taught me really well. Of course there are some teachers that I don’t prefer but you will find that in every school. The atmosphere in the school is also really enjoyable for anyone with the overall theme that our school and community is Mustang Nation.
I would like to see everything change, the kids are rude and disrespectful the teachers don't help problems the students come to them about, it was overall a terrible experience.
I enjoyed my time in the district. I was very involved in activities on campus because there were so many options which appealed to different groups. If you are struggling, get involved. The teachers are great if you are nice to them. If someone is not behaving or is disrespectful, they do take care of the situation. Be nice, and there will be no problems.
Great Academics, prepare a student well for college education. Athletic teams of recent years have had a excellent track record of success. The Senior High Principle Mr. Murray is a very caring about his students, and wants the best for everyone. His leadership and character are second to none.
It was an overall good experience, with very few things that they could have improved. The environment was good, as were the teachers (most) and the material was good.
The governor mifflin school district was good throughout all the grades. It provides safe and fun environment for students. Governor Mifflin High school tends to lack in the amount of clubs. The majority of the teachers love what they do and love to teach the students at governor mifflin.
I loved being a part of marching band, concert band, and various other clubs and I made many friends in these activities. School pride and inclusiveness is a large part of our schools focus. The teachers are thoroughly involved in each students education and concerned about the students success. The only negative part of my experience was a few other teenagers attitudes and behavior in school. Overall I am proud to be graduating from Governor Mifflin this June. We are - Mustang Nation!
My experience overall at Mifflin has been good, I will never forget my high school. Teachers are mostly all passionate about what they are teaching and caring to students on a day to day basis. Although, food is not something I necessarily would want to purchase, they have healthy and snack options. Overall, Governor Mifflin holds an important place in my heart and is growing as time comes.
Teachers were not invested in the students. Not a very positive atmosphere. Instruction was minimal and teachers were just pressing forward because of testing timing and requirements.
I love the school pride of governor Mifflin and how everyone loves going to school there. Everyone shows up to all the different events to help support and promote our school. One thing I would like to see change at Mifflin would be, new courses being added or new facilities.
The community is very involved with Governor Mifflin Athletics and it is nice to see everyone in the stands cheering on our athletes. I wish the school had better food choices; however, I'm sure it is that way at all high school cafeterias. I've made several life long friendships.
Start Your Review of Governor Mifflin School District
I would say that I have had a positive experience with Governor Mifflin. The recent change in administration has the direction of the school for the better. There are some fantastic teachers who really care about the kids they teach, but there are also some less than stellar ones. I wish that when observing classes and teachers administration would anonymously take students opinions about what they are learning.
I enjoyed how accepting the student body is of others. Everyone feels welcomed by the Governor Mifflin Community. The high school contains a wide variety of academic opportunities as well as extra curricular activities. I was apart of the music program and from freshman to senior year I was warmly welcomed by other students and faculty. My high school has won best music program in Berks County year after year and I must say it is a well deserved honor.
A school that follows protocol whether the best for student or not. Very unyielding in ideas and curriculum.