East St. Louis School District No. 189 Reviews

I liked my years in the high school it has its ups and downs, but I could see some improvement with the behavior of students and some of the staff overall ESIDE is like a giant family and we all care for each other
I’m a proud Senior Of Class 2019. Every since i have been with district 189 it has been nothing but the best. From Losing Students To Student Losing Their Parent I Have Came With Ideas As To Show The Student We Support Them We Are Just Like Family Now. Getting help from the administration team to help me go forth with my idea. Every Since I Have Been There It’s Been Nothing But Great Things. Teachers staying til 7pm to help with the homework bring grade up. From Having Ms.Morris Getting Back To Be Our Sponsor, We Have Some Of The Supportive People. East St. Louis Senior High Will Always Be My Number 1.
District 189 is an okay district. I mean not every thing is perfect but this district need some major adjustments. from the district board down to the schools, we need some changes for future generations.
Start Your Review of East St. Louis School District No. 189
My experience at East Saint Louis SH can be described as rather difficult and exciting. On the one hand, I would say it was rather difficult attending this school because of some intimidating reasons while growing up and some scholastic changes also. On the other hand, I would say that it was exiting also because of some academic achievements, some trips I took, and some extracurriculars they offer. Something that I really like about the school is a program they offer, called GEAR UP, that I really find to be inspirational and fun, while still preparing you for the next level. If I could change at least one aspect about my school, it would most likely be how we are viewed and how we represent ourselves as a whole.
What I like about the East St. Louis School district is that they always strive to improve by trying to involve there students and parents.
I like that people come to school and feel comfortable I don't like that some of the students don't appreciate the teacher's hard work.
East St. Louis School District No. 189 was very unconducive to a proper education. Students were assigned damaged or outdated books if any were in stock throughout the school year. I am a former District 189 student and I feared for my safety daily due to the high level of violence and the low level of security. It was sad to see how the staff put more emphasis on sports than any academic programs. However, I kept my eye on the prize of my diploma ;I knew that with a high GPA I'd have a chance to attend college and have a successful career.
My experience there is well. The AP teachers are striving to give us the tools we need for college. But we don't have diversity at the school what so ever but then again what can you expect.
East St Louis School district 189 is a very excellent school district we can need help with our school curriculum besides that you is set to go off to college and start your life
My experience with East St.Louis Senior high school has been great for the most part. But i would love to see more one on one time with teachers and students.
I liked the college prep courses I completed and the teachers that assisted me with scholarships and grants. The school district as a whole could do more to prepare the students for college. More college prep courses are needed.
School district 189 is a pretty good school district over all but there are a few things I would like to see change. I think the dress code should change because it takes away from focusing on what's important which is teaching and learning. Without the dress code teacher wouldn't have to take time out to make sure the students are in uniform and hold up the lesson, and students wouldn't have to go and get in uniform and miss important information.
The other thing I would change for the seniors is the fact that they can't sign themselves out and that they have to take classes that are not required. I believe after you are done with your required classes then you should be able to leave for the day, making the seniors stay for classes that aren't required doesn't benefit anyone.
But other than those two things I believe they are doing an excellent job.
My experience at East St. Louis S.H was a bit sad . Our school is low budget and the community plays a big role in my high school. We don't have much money to do a lot of activities and we don't have the best teachers in the world but East St. Louis S.H. is a close family oriented school. Although we lack a lot, we still make the best of we have. A guy in my class asked "why don't they care about us? Why is it hard to get what we need?" My teacher told him that it's life. Most people aren't gonna care about us considering our location but we could show them that East St. Louis Sr. High school students have a lot to offer if we had the chance to work for it.
I enjoy my district because our district is full of loving and supportive teachers who push the students to be the best that we can be. I love that I am free to express myself and that there are extracurriculars for me to participate in. If I were to change anything I would add a career readiness course for college majors.
Many of the students don't learn, the children seem uncontrollable, the food isn't very good, and the grading system never improves.
First off East St.Louis is a very good school it provides a comfortable learning invirment for student not only that but all the teachers are willing to help the students and wish them them best on success not only that but this high school have a staff that pushes students to do their best.
My experience at East St. Louis Senior High school has been great these four years. I have learned so many new things and met so many new people. The teachers are great! They really prepare you for college. I enjoy going here.
Start Your Review of East St. Louis School District No. 189
I love East St.Louis Sr.High school it’s a nice place it’s not a really big nor small area very good learning environment the teacher know all their students not only that but all the teachers help their students out
My school offers so many different opportunities to get involved in things around campus. Even writing for the Odyssey was an opportunity offered to me by my school and I decided to challenge myself by writing an article. Turns out, I really enjoy writing. I might not have had this opportunity at a bigger school.
We have a good football team . Our school is nice in the inside and outside. Teacher are nice there . Most of the time they try to help . We don’t have any club not that I know of . If you thinking about going to this school be prepared make sure all your things together. You can learn a lot . School work really easy . Test you got to study for they not easy at all . People say east side is the best school I think so too . We got a great sports program. We won state last year in football .