Dunmore School District Reviews

First coming to the school in 4th grade I was ahead of everyone and there was never any real homework assigned. Academically I think there's no question that Dunmore is slacking. While I do go to a Vocational school at the same time, the administration does not give those attending the ability to join customize our learning, giving us no choice but to be in the average classes and keep us from taking language, psychology/sociology, and other classes that we may be interested in. We have no control as Vocational students. The teachers usually teach with videos and the Principal is more concerned with whether you're wearing a collar and no hood than if you're shivering in a class room during the winter. As well as the added racism in the town let alone the school. I have been harassed for my completion, race, hair texture and hair styles, and for just being a Pan-Africanist (black activist).
Best school experience ever! Great town. Great people. Close knit. Small town feel. Exceptional football team and sports programs. Overall the school district is sought out by many to live and attend here. We have a great campus which includes tennis courts two playgrounds volleyball courts track and football stadium. Baseball field and all set in a cup we sac geographical location which basically is its own private campus.
Terrible. The entire school is full of nepotism and I went into higher education feeling like i did not learn a thing.
Start Your Review of Dunmore School District
The school district has great academics and athletics. My little brother transferred here from another school district and loves it.
not bad
High School is one of the most important experiences of your life. It is a small school but has a great spirit and includes all people. I have really enjoyed going to a smaller high school. It is true that in a small school you get to participate in a lot of different activities. Our marching band is a community in itself. We've marched and played for President Obama and Hillary Clinton. The classes are smaller in size so you get to participate a lot in discussions. What I would like to see change is to offer more courses and to have a real library.
My experience at Dunmore School District was the best because this is where I was prepared to go out in the world by the teachers and staff who always cared what was going on in our lives. The school spirit and culture is abundant throughout the school year at football games, fundraisers, class trips, graduation, pep rallies, and so many others that I cannot even imagine that makes this school one of the best in Lackawanna County. My brother is currently a freshman at the school and I am so excited for him to experience everything that I experience when I was a student.