Darien School District Reviews

Darien High School prepared me very well for my success in college. The academics were tough at the time, however the education I received made my college experience much easier. The athletics was very competitive, but also well known throughout the country. Overall, I had a great experience at DHS and I am so proud to be a wave alum.
There are a lot of different opportunities for participating students. My favorite part of the town was the music program, which in my opinion, is far better than other schools. The music program dedicates time and resources to students no matter what they play.
My experience so far has been great. I like the sports and the sense of community that you feel when going to Darien Highschool.
Start Your Review of Darien School District
The district is very involved with giving students the tools they need to be successful. Within the last year they installed lights around the fields for nighttime games, increasing students' ability to participate in sports
As a resident and current student within the Darien School District I can say that it is very committed to preparing its students to be college ready and thoroughly organized for the next step in their lives. With intense and advanced academics this school district is know to be prestigious and does do an excellent job of getting future college attenders prepared.
I love Darien High School. The teachers all really knew what they were teaching and administration genuinely was on your side most of the time
Teachers are strict as well as caring. You can be sure that your child is paid attention to and that the arts are part of their education. 👏🏻
Really helpful with low-level special needs. I'd like more traditional education and less technology. I think teachers have gotten lazy using 'students need to be self-advocates' as a cop-out.
The Darien School system is great! They have excellent public schools, with limited private schools in the town. The Darien High is the #1 rated in the state, so you can't really go wrong here! Academics are superb and the teachers make sure the students succeed.
A super competitive school district as it's a super competitive town - sports and academics wise - with very engaged parent involvement. New superintendent of Board of Ed is starting to make some changes.