Contoocook Valley School District Reviews

Lack of involvement in sports, culture needs improvement. Academics lack real word information, too much focus on typical general ed topics that are not useful after high school.
I had a great experience at this district. There was a lot of opportunities to take advantage of. The teachers are very good and they are very helpful when you need them. The experience I had here fully prepared me for college.
I liked the amount of help I got throughout my school years here. I also liked the variety of classes and all the programs that came with it. They have a wonderful art program ranging from ceramics to drawing to graphic design. Most of the teachers are good teachers, but with every school there are a few less than perfect ones.
Start Your Review of Contoocook Valley School District
ConVal is situated in a quaint, small town. The people both young and old are very open to new ideas, and allocate resources to attempting these ideas. The school is very much the same and welcomed the addition of new sports, clubs, and personalities with open arms. I myself felt this in my Prayer Group, the school's addition of a Gay-Straight Alliance club, and when fellow students took it upon themselves to start Bass-Fishing and Boxing clubs.

Despite this, the academic standards for the majority of the classes suffered. Many people, including myself, felt that some of our fellow students were just being passed along from class to class even if they were not doing the work. A few teachers held onto the belief that teaching should not be compromised for school statistics, but only a select few.
The Contoocook Valley School District has helped to define my learning. The teachers within the district are motivated and excited to help students learn and they are eager to teach. The staff has helped me to motivate myself to use the numerous tools that are offered too me and to push myself to work hard. I know there will always be someone there to help, whether it is a peer or a staff member, I always feel like I am involved and a priority.
I think Conval is very comfortable school with great teachers. Yet there are some teachers who really can't teach and never seem to change their ways. Also the campus is quite dirty and rundown besides the new gym.