Cassadaga Valley Central School District Reviews

The building and location are great for a small rural school. Most teachers are good. The communication between school and families needs to improve. The spend a lot of time helping the challenged kids but do not challenge the kids who are eager to learn more.
I'm a graduate of the school, my child now attends..the bullying issues are insane as in asking the bulled kids to seek other educational avenues.inadequate help for children with disabilities..
The teachers are good at connecting with the students and the overall atmosphere of the district is laid back and imviting. I would like to see the connection within the students strengthened and the lunches could be improved.
Start Your Review of Cassadaga Valley Central School District
I have had my fair share of highs and lows at Cassadaga Valley. I am a good student, top 20% of my class, I've been class president for all years of high school, and I have been involved with every club offered, as well as a successful volleyball team. However, I have come across many teachers/staff/administration/etc, that seem like they only teach for the paycheck. The teachers that I have made bonds with have shaped me into who I am, and I am glad I was able to connect with them. But overall, there was an air of disdain. While my friends and I have voiced our concerns, I have seen improvement and effort. There is still much progress needed, but I am glad to see that they are open to change and student input, especially because I have two younger sisters that will be attending Cassadaga.
I like that Cassadaga is a small school and I pretty much know everybody here. They are very friendly people. One of the main problem is the staff. Cassadaga has went through many principals and one superintendent. The school is not culturally diverse. It has a lot of people who make racist jokes and think that white people are superior.
Scott Stuzman punched my kid in the face i was outraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My experience with this school was very good except for the last year really. My principle that I had during most of my school career was very helpful with everything and tried to make everyone feel as welcome as possible. All of the teacher were also very helpful in making sure that their students felt welcome inside of the classroom. I had also participated in clubs such as SADD, students against destructive decisions, Key Club, and history club. These clubs had helped me expand my knowledge and wanting to help others. I had also participated in musical for four years, and I had participated in the valley minstrels, which is a select a-Capella choir, and I was in the band for my entire middle school and high school career. My final year of high school it had changed into a prison it felt like because we had gotten a new principle.
Book bag rule needs to be changed there should be no reason my daughter isn't allowed to use a book bag if Shen keeps it under her desk and out of the way and I have told her she can I refuse to let her get detentions for doing something so little
My kid can't even eat The food bc it is so disgusting and even if he does it isn't close to enough to actually fill him up
Food is horrible won't even let my child carry a backpack with there books in it then they wonder why my child is late bc they have to go across the school to there locker then back again in under 4 minutes when they could just have all there stuff in there bags
I enjoyed high school at Cassadaga, but there was a lot of drama throughout my years attending. They were normally small things, but after a while it tended to get old. I did enjoy all the friends that I made and all the things I got to experience with them.
Growing up in the Valley will always be a part of who I am. Being able to work with teachers one on one and not feel as if your just another student is a tremendous feeling. I would not be half of the student or person that I am today. Coming from a small middle/high school, where we all knew one another, teaches a lot of life lessons. It is okay to step out of the box and be who you want to be. It is okay to be who are without feeling judged. Like any high school experience, there is always good, bad and in between. Cassadaga Valley was truly a great school and I wouldn't want to have graduated anywhere else!