Barker Central School District Reviews

I like all the opportunities they gave me. I also work there over the summer and get great working experience.
Continued bullying in classes and hallways with little scolding. Special needs children are picked on and some staff pay no mind.Tools are thrown at other students, while in tech or shop class, where a child or adult can be seriously injured. My child has been bullied in high school 2 straight years and teachers are non attentive, i.m.o. and it has been discussed many times with the resulting remedy resulting in a metaphorical bandage, to solve the problem. The bullying is slowly escalating, to short of the penal law definition of assault.
I would like to see more choices for classes. Small class sizes are great but they lack diversity because of the small classes. Online classes through distance learning would provide more opportunities!
Start Your Review of Barker Central School District
Very good school for younger children! The school is friendly but not very diverse! The administration doesn't really get involved, many clubs for parent and student envolvement.
This school offered a wide variety of classes and provided a great education to me. I was able to complete several college courses in my junior and senior years which made me far more prepared for college than other students. The teachers were always willing to stay after if you needed help on a certain subject and everyone was so nice. I am glad to have been apart of this school, it is truly apart of a caring community.
Though the education itself is a high quality and valuable education, the district is kind of poor and often gives money they don't have to clubs and organizations that only benefit a handful of students. In addition to this, if you bring up issues of having been bullied to the principal or teachers, often nothing is done about it.
The school district is great. The school is all connected and the teachers really care. It is nice and small so you get to know everyone. They offer a lot of extra curricular activities for students and community members.
Barker Central School is a small school with great teachers. The small town community if perfect for students who want to participate in activities with peers that you grew up with.
I attended this school for 14 years, pre-k to 12th grade. The teachers are all friendly and more than willing to help. They want you to succeed. There are a variety of extra curricular activities and sports to take part in.