Cuyahoga Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cuyahoga Heights, OH. It has 257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Cuyahoga Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+40 Students
- B33 Students
- B29 Students
- A-23 Students
- B21 Students
- A-19 Students
- A18 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Cuyahoga Heights High School
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
- B+West Geauga High School
- West Geauga Local School District, OH
- 141 reviews
- B+North Olmsted High School
- North Olmsted City School District, OH
- 154 reviews
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 162 reviews
Cuyahoga Heights High School Reviews
Cuyahoga Heights High School was a very good school because of its available challenging academic courses. I enjoy the AP track here very much. However, they could improve by offering more AP classes as well as another language besides Spanish.
At my school we are very privileged when it comes to athletics and fitness. All of our athletics our free of cost, so it makes it easy for everyone who wants to play to be able to participate. Not many schools have this privileged. Also, we are in a small enough school that you do not have to tryout for every sport, though there are some like cheerleading that you have to. This is also a huge advantage to students wanting to participate. When it come to fitness our school as a fitness center, full weight room, and outdoor track that is free to students and can be used by them after school and on the weekends. Students can also take classes and workout in those facilities during the day. When it comes to school spirit we know how to have fun. Students love to make themes for all different sporting events. For example, we would have a 'red out' and all the students coming would wear that color and sit in the student section. We have awesome pep rallies throughout the year to get the whole school together and have some fun. During football season, sometimes the marching band will play songs in the hall ways on the mornings of game days. We have great cheerleaders to make banners, run-throughs, and t-shirt and ball throws. All the students have a lot of fun!
Cuyahoga Heights is a tiny school system in the midst of a large metropolitan area, Cleveland. It definitely has a small school feel because everyone knows everyone and parents are very involved throughout the years. The music program is unbelievable because almost everyone in the high school is involved in either choir, band, or orchestra and we have a jazz band, marching band, and chamber strings group. The music program has received an award for top 100 school music education programs in the country for several years in a row and the entire district was awarded Blue Ribbon School District a few years ago. We consistently score higher than the state average in the high stakes tests and overall I feel I was prepared for the next step, college.