COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Cushing Academy developed guidelines for the resumption of classes and other activities in a manner that puts the health and safety of our community at the forefront and is consistent with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ "Four-Phase Approach" to reopening. We have reopened and currently have boarding and day students on campus as well as students engaged in remote learning. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Cushing Academy develops curious, creative, and confident learners and leaders in a setting where faculty, staff, and facilities exist to nurture the optimal growth of students. The Academy’s college preparatory program is designed to ensure a transformative experience for each individual, at every level. Students are challenged to think critically and creatively, write effectively, express ideas persuasively, and collaborate with respect. Outstanding teaching, enriched by a remarkable breadth of offerings, allows students to discover a passion for learning and to build skills for college and beyond. As a pioneer in learning support, Cushing strives to meet students where they are and provide them with a powerful toolkit for academic success. Outside of the classroom, Cushing’s longstanding tradition of excellence in athletics is paired with professional-level visual and performing arts departments.
Cushing Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+72 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
Academic Support Program
For over 30 years, our pioneering Academic Support program has been the best of its kind and is designed to address each student's learning needs through individualized strategies, skills, accommodations, and instructional support. Our Academic Support teachers work as learning specialists, educational counselors, and advisors, preparing students to become independent lifelong learners.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses