Cumberland Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+239 Students
- A195 Students
- A+142 Students
- A-113 Students
- A-95 Students
- C+91 Students
- B+64 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+61 Students
- B56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 143 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Cumberland Valley High School
- AMechanicsburg Area Senior High School
- Mechanicsburg Area School District, PA
- 276 reviews
- A-Camp Hill Senior High School
- Camp Hill School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- A-Carlisle Area High School
- Carlisle Area School District, PA
- 171 reviews
- BNorthern High School
- Northern York County School District, PA
- 150 reviews
Cumberland Valley High School Reviews
Review Cumberland Valley High School
There are so many clubs and activities for students to participate in that every student is likely to be involved in at least once! Personally, I am very involved in many of the clubs that Cumberland Valley has to offer like Student Council, Mini-THON, Musical, FCA, etc. Some of the clubs have very committed members and advisers, while others do not have a great commitment. There was a club that I was involved in, Broadway Club, and the members always increased at the time of one event- Singing Telegrams. The commitment during the other times of the year was very poor with poor involvement. The most popular extracurriculars at the school would be athletics, with music following. The administration supports the athletic department and Mini-THON greatly and supports the other activities/ clubs as well but I would personally say with less enthusiasm.
Although this year I'm experiencing some senioritis, I would definitely come back to this school if I had to do it all over again. I love participating in our Broadway-like musicals. Our music department is one of the best in the state, therefore I am very grateful to have attended Cumberland Valley and to have been involved in the choir and orchestra there. This school is unique because it is well rounded with athletics, music, arts, JROTC, and various clubs. One of the events I look forward to every year is our Mini-THON. It is an awesome night all about helping families in need who have children with pediatric cancer. I also enjoy all the events that lead up to Mini-THON night. One of my favorite events is the CV Man Pageant where 10 boys from the Senior Class compete in a pageant and the boy that raises the most money wins! It is a very funny and memorable night! I also love our Homecomings, especially since I got to plan the one for this year! Speaking of Mini-THON and Homecoming, one of the things I enjoy most at our school are the two pep rallies we have! They are so full of energy and school spirit that it is something everyone looks forward to!
Cumberland Valley provides so many opportunities for kids to be apart of groups or organizations that they are interested and want to be apart of. Its a very large school that can be overwhelming at times. However, these opportunities allow for students to make the school feel smaller and allow them to find their niche in our school. I would choose this school again because I feel that it has given me every opportunity to be successful in college and beyond in life. Through the extensive amount of friends and mentors that I have met along the way, I feel as though I am prepared for anything that life throws at me. One of my favorite experiences is our mini-THON that i have been apart of for 2 years so far and I'm onto my 3rd for my senior year. This club called "mini-THON" is a fundraising group that raises money for Four Diamonds. Four Diamonds is an organization based out of the children's hospital at Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center that raises money for families with a child who has pediatric cancer. The goal of Four Diamonds is that families need to focus all their time on caring for their sick child instead of worrying about making medical bill payments. So, Four Diamonds covers all of the medical bills which allows the families to focus on whats important. This year, I have been honored with the role of being one of three students picked to head this mini-THON at our school. This past year we raised over $249,000. This year we hope to continue our amazing fundraising and to surpass last years total! Being apart of it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life so far!