Cumberland Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mechanicsburg, PA. It has 2,570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Cumberland Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+262 Students
- A228 Students
- A+149 Students
- A-133 Students
- A-104 Students
- C+102 Students
- B+78 Students
- A+73 Students
- B-72 Students
- B61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 145 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
Schools like Cumberland Valley High School
- AMechanicsburg Area Senior High School
- Mechanicsburg Area School District, PA
- 278 reviews
- A-Camp Hill Senior High School
- Camp Hill School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- A-Carlisle Area High School
- Carlisle Area School District, PA
- 175 reviews
- BNorthern High School
- Northern York County School District, PA
- 151 reviews
Cumberland Valley High School Reviews
If you are looking for a school with an outstanding athletic and academic department, then CVHS is the right place! The school offers students a wide variety of academic programs that few other schools have, and the staff ensures, to the best of their ability, that the students get the most out of their education. Though the grading system may be a let down for many of the students, it makes them work and think harder, and truly prepares them for college. The athletic department at Cumberland Valley is, as I stated earlier, outstanding, as is their music department. The school offers dozens of after school clubs that students love and enjoy and can use as a safe space to be free and let loose. One of the very few things the school lacks however, is diversity among both students and staff. But overall, the school is amazing and I've had a lot of fun there.
Going to this school was amazing. It is so big and there are so many people that there's something for everyone. The course I took in high school at Cumberland Valley made me completely ready for college courses. My classmates in college tell me they never learned these things in there high school, there are so many sports to choose from and so many clubs and if there's a club that isn't there starting a new club is easy! There are so many choices for lunch and breakfast and even snack choices.
Great faculty! Very big school, so more afterschool opportunities for students to participate in. The school is great in academics and in sports--especially, football and basketball.