Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cumberland High School is a public school located in Cumberland, VA. It has 419 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Cumberland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-68 Students
- B+68 Students
- B67 Students
- B52 Students
- A+52 Students
- A50 Students
- A+44 Students
- B+38 Students
- C+29 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Cumberland High School Reviews
Being a student at Cumberland County Public schools was an advantage most children don't get especially in larger cities. Post graduating we were given the tools to success, preparing each child for college with the high hopes that we would all achieve greatness. There are elective to which the high school students may choose from to jump start their career, like taking accounting classes, nursing and graduate with the certificate as a certified nurses assistant. The faculty and staff are dedicated to the parents and students higher education standards.
Cumberland county public school is an overall great school. They offer a wide variety opportunities ranging from sports to college dual enrollment. There is something for every one! The administration are very reasonable and understanding. The teachers are very devoted. They are very helpful and willing to do anything to make sure you succeed as a student. They offer parent teacher meetings to make sure the parents are involved. They have many award nights to recognize the students hard work. There are many things offered at cumberland schools for each individual, they will not let you down!
This school, overall, is an amazing school. The classes are fun and challenging and the teachers are very helpful with anything that is needed. From the clubs to other extracurricular activities, this school may be the best school in the district. The only thing that needs to be changed is by creating more clubs for the students to enjoy.