Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cumberland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cumberland, RI. It has 1,430 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Cumberland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B457 Students
- B-255 Students
- A+153 Students
- A-108 Students
- B+103 Students
- B-98 Students
- A97 Students
- B+96 Students
- B93 Students
- A+91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Cumberland High School
- BCranston High School West
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 295 reviews
- BScituate High School
- Scituate School Department, RI
- 147 reviews
- BSmithfield High School
- Smithfield Public Schools, RI
- 147 reviews
- B-Johnston Senior High School
- Johnston Public Schools, RI
- 101 reviews
Cumberland High School Reviews
Cumberland High School is a great place for students who are striving to learn. The high school offers over 25 AP courses expanding upon many fields for someone trying to pursue their dreams and possibly future major in college. Safety is a top priority to the administration, and many measures are taken to achieve this ideal. It is a public school, but disciplinary action and seriousness throughout the school year rival private schools. I love this school because they have given us Chromebooks (computers) for school purposes and has helped other students and I advance our learning by a tremendous amount. Also, the teachers here are understanding and are willing to help students who desire help. One of the greatest aspects of this school is how strenuous the teachers work with the students! The school has overall improved greatly over the last couple years, and will continue to do so!
My experience at Cumberland High School has been mediocre. I feel that the dedication of the teachers to their students varies greatly from teacher to teacher. I have been put in many situations where I have been confused regarding my grades or the material, but can’t reach out to teachers because of their intimidating nature or refusal to understand and cooperate with students, whether intentional or not. I also feel that the school does not do enough to promote clubs and extra curriculars, especially the academic-related ones. The school seems to be much more dedicated to its sports programs rather than quality education. It is very difficult to find information about clubs, and participating in both and club and sport is extremely difficult due the the stress coaches put on dedication to the team. This leaves students to face a very difficult decision, whether to play a sport or participate in another activity.
Cumberland High School prioritizes the success of their students, and it is shown clearly through their teachers, staff and curriculum. Many of the teachers there I have found truly care about their students and strive to help them succeed. One example is the pathways that are offered to students to help them be prepared for the career of their choice. Another example is the career and college fairs they provide to students to help them explore their options as they embark onto the next chapter of their lives. As a student I felt as though they were really trying to help me be the best I could be. Many teachers, I have found, were not always grading based on outcome, but mostly graded based on the effort made by the student, which encouraged me to continue working hard.