Culpeper County High School is an above average, public school located in Culpeper, VA. It has 1,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Culpeper County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+113 Students
- A112 Students
- A-96 Students
- B+93 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-49 Students
- B48 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Culpeper County High School Reviews
I have had a very memorable experience throughout Culpeper High School and I will miss it when I head off to college! I would say that the best thing about this school is the teachers. They are very invested in helping you understand class material and are very engaging with their students. Another thing that is great about this school is its communication about events that are coming up. It helps students plan ahead and get excited about activities. Culpeper High School also has a wide range of college classes that are able to be taken online or in a regular class. It gives students the right idea about college expectations pertaining to work, tests, etc. If I had to change something, I would want to increase the parent involvement. There is some, but I believe that there could definitely be more so that parents could have a greater knowledge of what is happening at their child's school. Overall, this place is full of wonderful people and I have had some great moments here!
My overall experience of Culpeper County high school was not necessarily the best. First of all the administration is lacking in knowledge and they are very disorganized. They are also extending biased when dealing with disciplinary matters. The counseling department is very disorganized and doesn’t really do anything. The teachers are great! They love to help students and are really fun to be around. I believe that the main problem with CCHS is Daniel Soderholm. His smothering and suffocating form of “leadership” offers no outside opinions to be heard.
Hi! I am a current senior at Culpeper High School and will be graduating this upcoming spring. These last few years at this school have been steady for me, and I have made many memories here. I have always been greeted by friendly staff that are willing to help me always. Along with that, the school's academics have always been hopeful on my behalf. I am also a part of the school's fine arts department, and participate in the musicals. Overall, I believe that Culpeper High School is a great place to learn, make friends, and pursue a promising education.