Crystal City High School is a public school located in Crystal City, MO. It has 161 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Crystal City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-22 Students
- B+15 Students
- A13 Students
- B11 Students
- A9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- A5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Crystal City High School
- C+Grandview High School
- Grandview R-II School District, MO
- 48 reviews
- B-Herculaneum High School
- Dunklin R-V School District, MO
- 75 reviews
- B-De Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- 57 reviews
- B+Valmeyer High School
- Valmeyer Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 60 reviews
Crystal City High School Reviews
My experience at Crystal City High School was more often than not a very poor one. Aside from a few determined and talented instructors, the overal education I recieved was very poor. It consisted entirely too much of basic work sheets and lack luster teaching performance. It was found half way through my freshman year that the algebra teacher did not have a degree to teach high school math. The resulting flood of substitute teachers robbed the class of any hope of a decent understanding of algebra.
I have been at Crystal for six years. The school is very small and enjoyable to be at. We have some amazing teachers who get to personally know you. I am happy to have been in this school. I would like to see my school get a new principal. The principal is not kind to students, or teachers. I have personally seen him bully teachers. He is a new principal who thinks he has all the power. Hopefully he will not be principal for much longer so our great teachers can feel safe at their work.
My school was established in the 1930's, and they have not done much remodeling since then. The lockers are mostly run down, and the hallways are bare. The bathrooms are average, but the paint job is not up to par. There is rarely any hot water that comes out of the faucets. Our technology is getting better now that we have purchased Macs for a computer room. We have three buses now that our school has purchased this year and our own teachers are the bus drivers! One bad thing is that our school is either very hot, or very cold. They do not turn on the heaters until it is already freezing outside. Our classrooms are average.