Crown Point High School is a highly rated, public school located in Crown Point, IN. It has 2,784 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Crown Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A506 Students
- A+465 Students
- B+269 Students
- B+229 Students
- B-212 Students
- B-152 Students
- A-150 Students
- B97 Students
- A+58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 136 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Schools like Crown Point High School
- ALake Central High School
- Lake Central School Corporation, IN
- 738 reviews
- A-Valparaiso High School
- Valparaiso Community Schools, IN
- 444 reviews
- A+Munster High School
- School Town of Munster, IN
- 394 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- Union Township School Corporation, IN
- 101 reviews
Crown Point High School Reviews
Good academics, good teachers and a good administration. They offer plenty of AP courses, the academic advisers are knowledgeable and helpful, the extracurricular opportunities are many and the support in the community is outstanding. The campus is very nice, the student body overall is made up of quality kids and we are encouraged to do our best. We also utilize "Buzz" which is our online portal and that is user friendly and an excellent learning tool. I have been very happy here at CPHS!
It is probably the best school in the area. It has clubs and activities for just about everyone! This includes a state of the art auditorium for those interested in theater, modern sports equipment, fields, and gymnasiums for athletes and even more. As a student, I feel the atmosphere is laid back, but the teachers and staff members still expect effort and attention at all times. Crown Point has unique programs such as the PLTW (Project Lead The Way) which are more hands-on classes targeting specific majors of study that older students are interested in. I believe the administration knows what they are doing and that is why Crown Point High School is superior.
Crown Point High School is a great school. There are many opportunities to succeed. If you want to excel, you will! The staff and teachers are amazing, and are very down to earth. They understand what it feels like to be a high schooler, so they will accommodate to what you need. The academics truly challenge those who dare to be excellent. Students are recognized for their achievement and character. You don’t have to be smart to be recognized; they recognized the people who are kind, creative and talented. Personally, as a student, I’ve been given many opportunities to excel. I took advantage of my opportunities to further my education in college. I’m happy that I will be an alumni of a school that is well known for academic achievement and success. Everyone at Crown Point High School wants you to achieve!