Cross Keys High School is a public school located in Brookhaven, GA. It has 1,529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Cross Keys High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B279 Students
- A+191 Students
- A+144 Students
- B112 Students
- B+90 Students
- C+77 Students
- B+75 Students
- C+74 Students
- A+72 Students
- B-68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Cross Keys High School Reviews
I enjoy my overall experiences at Cross Keys High School. Cross Keys was the school in my district that was known for its bad reputation such as drugs, fights, and bad football team. My first year at Cross Keys was something like a summer haze, I built friendships, celebrated my birthday, and even fell in love. What seemed like a nightmare a day before attending the school, wound to actually be a wonderful ordeal. I for one have never seen a more tightly knitted community, everyone had common interests and just wanted to get their education. It surprised me that the rumors that surrounded the school were actually due to some bad apples who, unfortunately, ruined the reputation of the building. Although the school does not have a great reputation I want to personally rebuttal it with my personal success and end its bad reputation with a more formidable one. If my experiences in Cross Keys were summed up in one sentence it would be, a shaky start that formed into an astounding journey.
I didn't really no much about Cross Keys High School when I first heard about it but my mom works there as a custodian. When I started there my freshmen year, I really didn't know anybody since I really didn't know the community and the people around me. But the school is greatly diverse, predominantly Hispanic. I started making friends and a lot of staff members knew me already since my mom works there. As sophomore and junior year came, I was already connected to the school and the peers which my involvement in clubs and sports. I was getting good grades and making more relationships with my teachers. Come senior year, I was known around school and was in 6 clubs and had played 3 sports. With Cross Keys, I grew with it starting with nothing to it being a home to me. Being closer to my peers, staff, family and school all together.
Cross Keys High School has very amazing teachers who ensure that their students receive the best education that they can by offering additional academic support like tutoring to allows students to perform their best. There are many CTAE career cluster program to allow high school students to obtain an insight into their future career choice. The physical school itself could use improvements to the building and provide accessible ways for students to go to one class to another.