Crosbyton Secondary School Reviews

Extracurriculars are very rare at CHS.
It's really none of my business, but it's bad.
It's not exactly the best, but it's not the absolute worst.
Start Your Review of Crosbyton Secondary School
The academics offered at this school are okay.
Its pretty swell. The students are involved in almost everything together. The students are very welcoming and kind. It is almost like a family environment at this school. There is not too much ethnic/racial or sexual orientation. The students at this school are mainly Hispanic and have, for the most part, the same morals.
The teachers at CHS are very knowledgeable and understanding. Overall I am blessed with this teaching staff.
Our school goes to deep measures to insure the students' safety. We have school nurse and the police come at times of need. When I say our school goes through deep measures to keep its students safe I mean that they bring speakers to talk to the students and inform them about things like drinking and driving, eating healthy, brushing your teeth, and drug use. We have a health fair at our school every year inform the students of those things.
There is not much to pick from when it comes to extracurricular opportunities at this school. We have things like basketball, football, track, cross country, baseball, softball, Business Professionals of America, and UIL. All of which give the students a chance to advance to higher competition such as Regionals, Area,or State. We do pretty well overall in these competitions. However, we do not have any after-school programs for the students in high school.
I had a great time at this school. I was the go-round student. I am an A student, starting point guard for our varsity basketball team, pitcher for varsity softball, secretary of the National Honors Society, state qualifier in Business Professionals of America, and team captain of the varsity cross country team. However, I am not sure that I would attend this school again if I another chance. I do not feel that I was properly prepared for college.
The teachers try their best, but for most of the teachers it seems that they are doing the bare minimum. Most do not have control of the classroom. I think those teachers tend to forget that respect goes for both the teachers and students. They don't respect the students so the students do not respect them. However, we do have some outstanding teachers. They have full control of their class and every student respects them enough to behave. Students are constantly learning in those classes. The lessons are immensely constructive.
The teachers here are pretty good in my experience, although there are a few who are not as good as the others.
We do have a lot of different cultures here and it's been a while since we've had an exchange student but we work really hard to make sure everyone feels at home. As far as peer pressure goes it's usually the seniors to freshman but nothing to really worry about. everyone pretty much respects one another
Crosbyton High School isn't the best but we're definitely not the worst in this area. There are a lot of things that school does very good in, but there are also a lot of things lacking here