Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Crosby High School is an above average, public school located in Crosby, TX. It has 1,758 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Crosby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-224 Students
- A+175 Students
- A+169 Students
- B+153 Students
- B136 Students
- B-120 Students
- A119 Students
- B+115 Students
- B100 Students
- A+90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Crosby High School
- BLa Porte High School
- La Porte Independent School District, TX
- 255 reviews
- BNorth Shore Senior High School
- Galena Park Independent School District, TX
- 528 reviews
- B-Dayton High School
- Dayton Independent School District, TX
- 207 reviews
- BSterling High School
- Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 307 reviews
Crosby High School Reviews
Overall, I feel that Crosby High School has created an environment for students to develop themselves as positive citizens for our town. They realize they are producing the next leaders of our community. The culture is one of students holding themselves and each other to high standards in character and achievement. Teachers work with students both on designated tutorial days and other days they are not required to stay after school. In addition, they utilize the Schoology online platform to provide feedback to students as well as sharing notes, plannings calendars, and resources to assist us with our studies. We have clubs like Cougar Compadres that pair students with outstanding character with other peers that need help with someone their own age that can model social skills. I also appreciate that our principals play music during transition time and karaoke on Friday during lunch to keep school fun. We truly look forward to coming to school every day at Crosby High School!
Crosby high school is very thorough and always on top of everything academics wise. They have excellent teachers, but most of them are not the best at putting grades in on time. This causes some students to fail or receive bad grades for a term. Other than that, I’d say that this is an amazing school full of spirit, intelligence and pride. I’m a proud cougar and will always be proud to come from Crosby. Go coogs!
What I like about Crosby high school is they offer a great place to start becoming college ready however they fail to follow through I'd like to see more staff going over information students will need moving on from high schhol. Our councelors are overworked and don't have time to discuss in detail things we need to know about applying for college or paying or even what most colleges will expect as far as say scores, act scores, essays, extra curriculars. In order to truly prepare us for college and adulthood there should be more conversations about realistic costs of colleges and ways we can afford it if we opt that route. At Crosby we aren't told enough information about what colleges are looking for and expecting until out junior and senior years when our gpa has already taken hits because we didn't know how much it affected us and we didn't know how to raise it. There needs to be more communication within our school and more time to prepare rather than waiting It's too late.