Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Crookston Secondary School is a public school located in Crookston, MN. It has 486 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Crookston Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+31 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+23 Students
- B22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-12 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Crookston Secondary School
Crookston Secondary School Reviews
The staff at Crookston High School is what made my experience the best. I felt I got the attention there that was needed, I got extra time with teachers during passing time, before school, or after school when I didn't understand something completely. It was a safe environment to be in every morning surrounded by good influences. Every year attending school my favorite time of the year is homecoming because of all the fun activities we do with other students or even against staff. The food at the school in my opinion is very good, I'm more of a healthy eater and everyday there is salad bar provided as well as some type of fruit. The school the teachers to try their very best to be a little more strict on older kids to get us ready for college. With test after test, or making tests limited which really makes us push to get ready for college because we won't have extra time in college. I have one semester left and have really enjoyed my experience.
I like how many extra-curricular activity choices that were available. But, some teachers aren't the best at ensuring and education and lots of students try to cause trouble more than they learn.
I had a good experience at Crookston High School overall. I think that there is good support for students who are looking towards the future and want to put the work in to be able to succeed. I think there are some leadership problems in the main office and throughout the teaching staff. This is the one thing I would like to see change. I believe this change would start with better leadership from the top of the chain and hopefully that would work its way down. We have some really good teachers, but they are few in numbers. There is a need for individuals who care for the student's best interest and those who want to push the individuals succeed at the highest level possible.