Cromwell High School is an above average, public school located in Cromwell, CT. It has 578 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Cromwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A88 Students
- B45 Students
- B+38 Students
- B32 Students
- B-31 Students
- B25 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-21 Students
- A21 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Cromwell High School
- A-Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 118 reviews
- B+Bolton High School
- Bolton School District, CT
- 76 reviews
- A-Southington High School
- Southington School District, CT
- 248 reviews
- BPortland High School
- Portland School District, CT
- 63 reviews
Cromwell High School Reviews
High School is obviously a very controversial stage in an adolescents life and for me I had my ups and downs through my career at Cromwell High School. I'd like to say that attending Cromwell High School is what made me who I am today because I learned so much there, from friends, teachers, classes and so on. Overall, my experience there was amazing and I appreciate the time I had spent at Cromwell High School!
I feel that Cromwell High School offers a good variety of classes in order for a student to become well rounded and try new classes. All the way from several different history courses to new innovated robotics and gym classes. I felt that I had many opportunities for my academics inside the school, but I also feel that they should offer more outside of school activities for students to bond and experience new things outside the classroom. Offer more trips to Boston, New York, and Washington D.C. to get us to see our surroundings and have an unclose view of what we are actually learning. The principal typically shoots ideas like this down and doesn't allow the school to do much so I hope in future years this changes. The school is a great environment and I have made many lasting relationships with people throughout my four years and I am grateful for that opportunity Cromwell High gave me.
I enjoy the atmosphere of the school and how much teachers want students to learn. It offers a wide range of activities outside of school to allow students to create more friendships as well as to develop various traits, such as leadership. However, I wish clubs and sports other than football and basketball were promoted and emphasized more. Also, on the academy's side, I wish the school offered more AP classes to help students feel more comfortable with going to college, but the AP classes offered are well-taught and challenging. Overall, my experience at Cromwell High School is very good.