Crisfield Academy & High School is a public school located in Crisfield, MD. It has 374 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Crisfield Academy & High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+41 Students
- B-38 Students
- C23 Students
- B+22 Students
- A21 Students
- A+9 Students
- C+8 Students
- B8 Students
- A8 Students
- B+8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Crisfield Academy & High School
Crisfield Academy & High School Reviews
The school could use work. Some of the staff are kind and respectful. However, they are flawed in the teaching style. Most of the learning aspects come from activites online. When asked for futher evaluation they make you google the answer leaving you unprepared for the test. This is most times the case with the Math department. My senior year there, I was taking College Algebra. My teacher was fair in the first couple of weeks. Then she got worse. She gave warm ups then spent the next half hour on her computer looking up field hockey schedules or going on Facebook. At the end of the year my guidance consular gave a test to us to see if we were ready for College. As a test I basically guessed on the entire test and got a score of 41. A passing grade would have been 45 or above. Some staff are not good communicators and didn't understand what the school needed improvement on which is the reason so many good teachers had left the school.
My experience at Crisfield High School has been great. Even though there is limited sports and academic programs to choose from it is a nice environment. Most of the teachers are always willing to help you in anyway. Bullying is not really an issue here because it is a small town and everyone pretty much knows everyone. If there is bullying it gets resolved pretty quick. A few things I would change about Crisfield High School is the academics. The school does not offer many AP courses or math classes. It would have been nice to take different science and math courses. Another thing I would change is the physical environment. The school is falling apart and it would make it more comfortable if the school had more modern resources. But other than that it has a good atmosphere and social environment.
Crisfield High School is a decent school however it is filled with a lot of drama. The education is OK its not the greatest it does slack off. The teachers don't really push all students equally, there is a a lot of favoritism. The best way to get through high school at Crisfield High School is to come to school get what you need to do done and then go on about your way.